THe BeAcH BoYs ExPeRieNCe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
https://www.youtube.com/medievalrichard

Saying Goodbye: The R.I.P. Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Saying Goodbye: The R.I.P. Topic

Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:22 am
Mr. K wrote:

Thanks!
DarkGothicQueen
DarkGothicQueen

Saying Goodbye: The R.I.P. Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Saying Goodbye: The R.I.P. Topic

Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:03 am
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:43 am
DarkGothicQueen
DarkGothicQueen

Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:06 pm
RIP Ranking Roger. Loved The English Beat`s music. Also loved General Public, his duo with band-mate  Dave Wakeling Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

'Stand Down Margaret'---The Beat (known as The English Beat in the States)

Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:13 pm
DarkGothicQueen wrote:RIP Ranking Roger. Loved The English Beat`s music. Also loved General Public, his duo with band-mate  Dave Wakeling Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

A great shame. "Mirror In The Bathroom" is my fondest memory of The Beat. Rest in peace, Roger.  

Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:22 pm
DarkGothicQueen wrote:RIP Ranking Roger. Loved The English Beat`s music. Also loved General Public, his duo with band-mate  Dave Wakeling Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

'Stand Down Margaret'---The Beat (known as The English Beat in the States)

Very sad. Born and bread in my home city Birmingham as well! A true legend!

Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:34 pm
R.I.P. Al Hazan (November 7, 1934 – March 2, 2019). Who, you may ask? Well this [was] him on piano--"Nut Rocker" was a staple of my repertoire when I played in pubs. (With thanks to JozefK at Hoffman.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Hazan
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:34 am
R.I.P. Mac Rebennack aka Dr. John (1941-2019)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._John
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:33 am
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:55 pm
Mr. K wrote:R.I.P. Nicky Walusko (1960--2019)

This is the statement The Ladykillers put out about the tragic news (which involves myself);

""We (The Ladykillers) are absolutely gutted about this news. We’ve not only met Nick backstage on many concerts with Brian Wilson over the years VIP, but were most inspired by his outstanding guitar work throughout his career and notably playing his trademark guitar Fender. RIP...""
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:39 pm
R.I.P. Peter Fonda (1940-2019)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Fonda
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:59 pm
Rest in peace, Jessye Norman (1945-2019). Here she is in "Im Abendrot" from Richard Strauss's Four Last Songs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessye_Norman
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:34 pm
Goodbye, Ginger Baker. What a cantankerous old sod! What a drummer!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We%27re_Going_Wrong
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:53 pm
John Karlen (1933-2020) was probably best known for his role as Willie Loomis in the original '60s series of Dark Shadows (not the later Johnny Depp shit that passed for DS). His most iconic moment can be seen in this video, when he releases vampire Barnabas Collins from his coffin: 

May he rest in peace.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Karlen
DarkGothicQueen
DarkGothicQueen

Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:55 pm
Mr. K wrote:John Karlen (1933-2020) was probably best known for his role as Willie Loomis in the original '60s series of Dark Shadows (not the later Johnny Depp shit that passed for DS). His most iconic moment can be seen in this video, when he releases vampire Barnabas Collins from his coffin: 

May he rest in peace.

I saw him in a lot of character roles. He brought a dynamic that is rarely seen these days. He was especially excellent in the role of Harvey Lacey in the TV series Cagney and Lacey, for which he won a well-deserved Emmy. RIP. Another of the main cast members of Dark Shadows gone.
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:56 am
DarkGothicQueen wrote:
Mr. K wrote:John Karlen (1933-2020) was probably best known for his role as Willie Loomis in the original '60s series of Dark Shadows (not the later Johnny Depp shit that passed for DS). His most iconic moment can be seen in this video, when he releases vampire Barnabas Collins from his coffin: 

May he rest in peace.

I saw him in a lot of character roles. He brought a dynamic that is rarely seen these days. He was especially excellent in the role of Harvey Lacey in the TV series Cagney and Lacey, for which he won a well-deserved Emmy. RIP. Another of the main cast members of Dark Shadows gone.

So he was Lacey. Although I knew of the series, I never watched it, which is why his name isn't familiar from it. Yes, very sad.
DarkGothicQueen
DarkGothicQueen

Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:44 pm
Mr. K wrote:
DarkGothicQueen wrote:

May he rest in peace.

So he was Lacey. Although I knew of the series, I never watched it, which is why his name isn't familiar from it. Yes, very sad.

Actually he was the husband of Lacey. It was a show about two female cops.
smileysmile42
smileysmile42

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:16 pm
Dark Shadows is my 2nd favorite show of all time with Lost In Space being the 1st. and he was just such a good actor, if anyone is wondering and still watches it like i do i have the entire series on dvd in fact going back to episode #1 to episode #1245. and i dunno how big of fans you guys and gals are on here but the reason you see certain actors not on the show for so long like John Karlen or Joan Bennet once their characters were killed outside of present day. or Sent of to Wincliff like Willie was for awhile is cause they were off doing plays actually.

when LIz Stoddard died though she later didn't she was off doing plays, but when Barnabas was chained into his coffin in (1969) for a great awhlie and wasn't on the show at all except for the shot they did of the coffin with chains on it, he was filming the 1st Dark Shadows film. i've never seen Cagney & Lacey actually but i hear in the Pilot it's got a different lead i forget which one isn't in the Pilot but it's suppose to be really different and still pretty damn good
DarkGothicQueen
DarkGothicQueen

Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:52 pm
smileysmile42 wrote:Dark Shadows is my 2nd favorite show of all time with Lost In Space being the 1st. and he was just such a good actor, if anyone is wondering and still watches it like i do i have the entire series on dvd in fact going back to episode #1 to episode #1245.   and i dunno how big of fans you guys and gals are on here but the reason you see certain actors not on the show for so long like John Karlen or Joan Bennet once their characters  were killed outside of present day. or Sent of to Wincliff like Willie was for awhile is cause they were off doing plays actually.

when LIz Stoddard died though she later didn't  she was off doing plays, but when Barnabas was chained into his coffin in (1969) for a great awhlie and wasn't on the show at all except for the shot they did of the coffin with chains on it, he was filming the 1st Dark Shadows film. i've never seen Cagney & Lacey actually but i hear in the Pilot it's got a different lead i forget which one isn't in the Pilot but it's suppose to be really different and still pretty damn good

Hi Don! Good to see that you have found us. I`m a huge DS fan and have the coffin box DVD collection of the entire series. I`ve also written some unpublished fan fiction using the characters from the 1960`s original. I have both movies on DVD.
smileysmile42
smileysmile42

Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:19 pm
some of them here know me going back to the Capital boards back in the day i can't remember if you were there were you? i don't have the box set like you do is yours one of the signed ones by Jonathon Frid? my collection is the 1st edition dvd sets that Originally came out, the re-releases i thought about getting the ones i need in those ugly covers but than i thought i want all of them to match. in (2004) i got my 1st set Volume #1 of course and last year i finally got tired of needing the last 3 sets which were Beginning's Vol 4-6. currently i'm up to i think it was episode #91 i believe. currently i'm taking a break from it as i got burnt out a bit i think. there's a site that was fan fiction i dunno if it still is around but it continued on from where the show left off and i always hoped i could find a way to read some of it off my PC. i love the show i also am the first to say that they had some really bad choices for cast members. Chris Jenning's as a vampire was simply painfully awfully acted or was it his brother i forget? you had Nancy Barrett who was brilliant on the show except when she was scared that's not her strength at all. Grayson Hall who was fantastic as well but when you had her scared she was simply awful.

i don't blame them at all it's how they were directed, see Lela Swift i dunno about the other directors used to grade them on how far they could take it and they would direct them to over do it and it really was a bad way to direct because if you want your actors do good performances you have to help them get there, in a show like DS in Rehearsal talk with them and since they normally only did one take since it was so expensive back than to do more but it did happen of course. some of them were always good or 99% of the time were good like Louis Edmonds he was fantastic but there were times when he was a little flat, Joan Bennet even at times was as well. but it's funny how you have a guy like Christopher Pennock spelling? who is dreadful as Jeb but than he played another character like his dr. jekyll and mr. hyde character and he was brilliant as hyde. go figure ya know? than there's certain cast members that were cast later on that was just painful to watch and when they were killed off i was thrilled well each time i get around to that storyline arc wrap up.

my favorite timeline was main timeline. as much as i love the show i think they got carried away with the alternate time lines and the time travel as well. i love the 1897 timeline don't get me wrong but it lasted far far to long. i believe it's 8 and a half months! really it was gonna be i think 3 months but it was such a hit they got carried away and made it for nearly an entire year. than you have Vicki Winters who starts out as a pretty strong character and gets dumbed down for some reason. she also got dumber for some reason too, in the audio plays apparently it's revealed she is Liz's Daughter. my question is simply if that is true

she would of course would have been born my guess the same year it's actress was 1945. now Roger may have been way at college to take a guess but how can he not know she was preggers? he never mentions it on the show at all weather it was to Vicki or Liz. there was no doubt he would have come home at times and seen her pregnant at some point. was her Father also Paul Stoddard ? that i have no idea and he or Jason McGuire never mention it at all. but than McGuire may not have known if he didn't show up until later as in she already had given her up, it's funny people had asked Dan Curtis what the plan was had they not got rid of that storyline of who her folks actually were and he never gave an honest answer. there has to be records of what was planned at least but dropped when when Alexandra isle's left the show in late (1968)
don't you think?

Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:33 am
R.I.P. jazz pianist McCoy Tyner, aged 81.  

I had a conversation about him only yesterday, the day he died. I'm not a jazz buff but back in early 1965 I was knocked out by this extended piece I heard on a French jazz and pop station. It was Coltrane's "Afro Blue" from his Live at Birdland LP. Admittedly it was Elvin Jones's insane salvo of toms and cymbals in the coda that grabbed me first. Later I came to appreciate what McCoy was doing--the build-up in his long solo is white-knuckle stuff, underpinned by Jones's "thrashing and cursing", as Leroi Jones describes it in the excellent liner notes. May he rest in peace.

www.nytimes.com/2020/03/06/arts/music/mccoy-tyner-dead.html
smileysmile42
smileysmile42

Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:20 am
i'm not much of a Jazz fan myself but it is simply amazing how all these old blues guys and gals and Jazz too all seem to pretty much live really long lives you ever notice that?
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:37 pm
smileysmile42 wrote:i'm not much of a Jazz fan myself but it is simply amazing how all these old blues guys and gals and Jazz too all seem to pretty much live really long lives you ever notice that?

I'd say blues players more than jazzers. Jazz players were/are more prone to taking hard drugs. Blues seems to have been a bit more relaxed in that respect. I may be wrong...
smileysmile42
smileysmile42

Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:49 am
i dunno honestly, Miles Davis was a heavy drug user in his day, i dunno if he was at the time of his death though and he was damn good at what he did though i don't listen to his stuff normally.
DarkGothicQueen
DarkGothicQueen

Thu May 07, 2020 12:55 pm
RIP Florian Schneider of Kraftwerk. Crying or Very sad

http://rollingstone.com/music/music-news/kraftwerk-florian-schneider-dead-994735/

'The Robots'---Kraftwerk

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum