THe BeAcH BoYs ExPeRieNCe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Avatars, Signatures and Other Fun Stuff Empty Avatars, Signatures and Other Fun Stuff

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:15 pm
A word about my search for an appropriate avatar. Since the board went beige----it looks great, he added hastily----colour has become a
critical element in the choice of avatar. My latest tryout is that fascinating and much-maligned beastie the Bed Bug (Cimex Lectuarius).
By sheer good fortune the background has become blue, which echoes the blue of the characters in the beige strip above each post.

Back in the 1970s, davek1049 has this band called Cimex Lectuarii. I occasionally joined in although I can't for the life of me remember what we used to do. We had these pullovers with the band's name on the front and its translation ("The Bed Bugs") on the back, which got me funny looks when I wore the thing down the boozer...

Here you can see Cimex Lectuarius in action:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_bug
DarkGothicQueen
DarkGothicQueen

Avatars, Signatures and Other Fun Stuff Empty Re: Avatars, Signatures and Other Fun Stuff

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:57 pm
My new avatar is a demonic gargoyle. It`s what I am in real life. affraid
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Avatars, Signatures and Other Fun Stuff Empty Re: Avatars, Signatures and Other Fun Stuff

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:15 pm
As you see, I've changed it again, after trying various album covers. I rather feel this is how it's going to stay. Avatars, Signatures and Other Fun Stuff Cool
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
https://www.youtube.com/medievalrichard

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:32 pm
See you've changed it three times now, lol! I like your new one! Smile
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:21 am
Cool Cool Water wrote:See you've changed it three times now, lol! I like your new one! Smile

Thanks. I like the colours, the details (most of the words are legible) and the fact
that it was round to begin with (that's why I tried the funny watering can picture).

This thought struck me during my morning walk with the dog. I'd always been a bit
unhappy about the "Other Artists" heading because it seemed to be ruling out the
Boys from any discussion there. The alternative being to post anything with even
the slightest mention of them in the BB section. How about "Music in General"? It's
just an idea, folks. You may disagree----and, of course, it may no longer be possible.

Your thoughts, please. Avatars, Signatures and Other Fun Stuff Ph34r
DarkGothicQueen
DarkGothicQueen

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:59 am
Mr. K wrote:
Cool Cool Water wrote:See you've changed it three times now, lol! I like your new one! Smile

Thanks. I like the colours, the details (most of the words are legible) and the fact
that it was round to begin with (that's why I tried the funny watering can picture).

This thought struck me during my morning walk with the dog. I'd always been a bit
unhappy about the "Other Artists" heading because it seemed to be ruling out the
Boys from any discussion there. The alternative being to post anything with even
the slightest mention of them in the BB section. How about "Music in General"? It's
just an idea, folks. You may disagree----and, of course, it may no longer be possible.

Here`s another suggestion: Open Musicorum Forum. (Musicorum is Latin for 'music'.) Sounds less generic.
BobLucas
BobLucas
Admin
Admin
https://thebeachboysforum.forumotion.com

Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:51 pm
It’s entirely possible to do (regarding the name change, my phone won’t let me quote.. or I can’t figure out how to)
I’m happy to change it once we’re all agreed on a name!
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:21 pm
CherokeeRose wrote:
Mr. K wrote:

Here`s another suggestion: Open Musicorum Forum. (Musicorum is Latin for 'music'.) Sounds less generic.

I'm happy with that, Ms Mod. Avatars, Signatures and Other Fun Stuff Smile
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:23 pm
Mr. K wrote:

I'm open for a name change if it bugs people. Very Happy
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:21 pm
BobLucas wrote:It’s entirely possible to do (regarding the name change, my phone won’t let me quote.. or I can’t figure out how to)
I’m happy to change it once we’re all agreed on a name!

Seems we're all agreed, Bob. Avatars, Signatures and Other Fun Stuff Cool

While I'm here, I see Rich is ahead of me in numbers of posts. Isn't there something about that in the Terms of Use?  Avatars, Signatures and Other Fun Stuff Mellow
BobLucas
BobLucas
Admin
Admin

Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:58 pm
Okay then, just let me know what the name should be and I'll change it post haste! Very Happy
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:27 am
CherokeeRose wrote:Here`s another suggestion: Open Musicorum Forum. (Musicorum is Latin for 'music'.) Sounds less generic.

Here you go, Bob. It has a lovely ring to it.
BobLucas
BobLucas
Admin
Admin

Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:31 pm
C'est fait!
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:23 pm
BobLucas wrote:C'est fait!

Thanks, Bob. Avatars, Signatures and Other Fun Stuff Smile
DarkGothicQueen
DarkGothicQueen

Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:46 pm
Looks good from my end. How about changing some of the others as well? Mostly--

Off Topic
The Creativity Forum
Thoughts and Queries

'Guidelines' and 'The Beach Boys' remain the same.
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:23 pm
CherokeeRose wrote:Looks good from my end. How about changing some of the others as well? Mostly--

Off Topic
The Creativity Forum
Thoughts and Queries

Let's do it! Very Happy
BobLucas
BobLucas
Admin
Admin

Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:39 pm
You name 'em and I'll change 'em Smile
(I don't have the imagination for such things!)
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:59 pm
BobLucas wrote:You name 'em and I'll change 'em Smile
(I don't have the imagination for such things!)

lol!
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:32 pm
CherokeeRose wrote:Looks good from my end. How about changing some of the others as well? Mostly--

Off Topic
The Creativity Forum
Thoughts and Queries

Just thinking out loud here but we have to begin somewhere!

The Creativity Forum Stuff We Draw, Write and Play
Off Topic Miscellaneous Matters
Thoughts and Queries Board Bits and Bobs (I first had Bob's Bored Bits but thought better of it)
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:02 pm
Mr. K wrote:

Thoughts and Queries Board Bits and Bobs (I first had Bob's Bored Bits but thought better of it)

Not bad. afro
DarkGothicQueen
DarkGothicQueen

Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:34 am
Mr. K wrote:

Off Topic
The Creativity Forum
Thoughts and Queries

I actually prefer Bob`s Bored Bits, but that`s just me, I suppose. Twisted Evil

I haven`t had much time to think about it, but when the time comes, you`ll know.
DarkGothicQueen
DarkGothicQueen

Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:39 pm
Suggestion for the 'Off Topic' section: Anything Goes.
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:58 pm
CherokeeRose wrote:Suggestion for the 'Off Topic' section: Anything Goes.

That's quite a good one actually.
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:59 pm
My suggestion would be: "General Discussion".
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:40 pm
Cool Cool Water wrote:
CherokeeRose wrote:Suggestion for the 'Off Topic' section: Anything Goes.

That's quite a good one actually.

A very good one! I'd say, look no further. Ms. Mod triumphs again. Avatars, Signatures and Other Fun Stuff Rolleyes

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum