THe BeAcH BoYs ExPeRieNCe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Sample, Sampler, Samplest Empty Sample, Sampler, Samplest

Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:08 am
Actually, this resurrected topic begins on the wrong foot, as the theme of Groove Armada's
"Pre 63" (1999) bears an uncanny resemblance to (but doesn't sample) the solo in Neil
Diamond's 1966 hit "Solitary Man" (at 1:47)----to my mind, at least. Maybe it's coincidence...

BobLucas
BobLucas
Admin
Admin
https://thebeachboysforum.forumotion.com

Sample, Sampler, Samplest Empty Re: Sample, Sampler, Samplest

Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:30 pm
One of my favourite video games on the SNES has a soundtrack that prominently features quite a few samples from some very unexpected places!

First is this, an ambient piece to go with an area set in caves. Guess the sample? easiest place to hear it is at 0:25. I almost fell off my chair when I first figured it out!

Guess the drum loop?

For a comprehensive list of samples used in the game, this video is well worth a watch. Some surprising sources, particularly for a Japanese game.

Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:10 pm
BobLucas wrote:One of my favourite video games on the SNES has a soundtrack that prominently features quite a few samples from some very unexpected places!

First is this, an ambient piece to go with an area set in caves. Guess the sample? easiest place to hear it is at 0:25. I almost fell off my chair when I first figured it out!

Guess the drum loop?

For a comprehensive list of samples used in the game, this video is well worth a watch. Some surprising sources, particularly for a Japanese game.

Wow! I got as far as Dennis's "You And I" for the first one and was thinking Beach Boys for the second. But it's "Deirdre" and "Sgt Pepper Reprise" respectively! Still, unlike me you're playing these games regularly so chances are you'd catch on sooner. But yes, most surprising----and fascinating!
BobLucas
BobLucas
Admin
Admin
https://thebeachboysforum.forumotion.com

Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:05 pm
This is made up entirely of samples. It’s so well done!

Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:00 pm
BobLucas wrote:This is made up entirely of samples. It’s so well done!

Love the track--the entire album actually--but don't like the clip. Brilliant album! My son put me onto it in 2001 and I bought it soon after...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum