THe BeAcH BoYs ExPeRieNCe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Mr. K's revised list of obscure albums from the mid '60s to the mid '70s Empty Mr. K's revised list of obscure albums from the mid '60s to the mid '70s

Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:48 am
This topic presents my revised version of this list, as described in this commentary (a must-read), by an extraordinary person I was once very close to. The rest of her incredibly varied blog is well worth checking out too.  

Unlike the blogger, I was in my teens and twenties during the years 1966-1975. So many of the names in her list were familiar to me although many of the actual albums were not. For me it has been a fascinating trip of discovery and rediscovery down... well, Memory Lane is perhaps a misnomer but you get the idea. My grateful thanks to that lovely person for dozens of hours of listening pleasure!

It was great fun (and most enlightening) going through the three tiers of her list ("The Keepers”, “Worth Another Listen” and “Wasn’t Impressed With”), standardizing the layout of each, checking dates and spelling and tweaking information where necessary. All the value judgements scattered throughout the list are hers. 

Any inaccuracies that may have remained or crept in during the editing process are my responsibility and mine alone. Sanctioned by my blogger friend, this revised list may help those wishing to seek out the albums in question.
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Mr. K's revised list of obscure albums from the mid '60s to the mid '70s Empty Re: Mr. K's revised list of obscure albums from the mid '60s to the mid '70s

Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:04 am
The Keepers

The United States of America 
Love—Forever Changes

Gandalf

Brainticket—Cottonwoodhill

Sweet Smoke—Just a Poke

The Peppermint Rainbow—"Will You Be Staying After Sunday" [the single, not the album] 

Bonnie Dobson (1969)
Kaleidoscope [UK]—Tangerine Dream

Aguaturbia—Psychedelic Drugstore ["Erotica" is good, as is "Crimson & Clover"]

The Byrds—Younger Than Yesterday

Liquid Sound Company—Acid Music for Acid People
 [a late example from 2011]
The Serpent Power

Tim Hollier—Message To A Harlequin

The Mamas & the Papas—If You Can Believe Your Eyes and Ears

Ivory
 (1968)
Moby Grape (1967)

The Third Bardo—The Third Bardo EP

Procol Harum’s first 3 albums

Classics IV—Traces [slower, softer and folksy]

Skip Spence—Oar

The Millennium—Begin

Strawberry Alarm Clock—Incense and Peppermints

The Collage (1967)
Quicksilver Messenger Service (1968)
Rain (1972)

The Crazy World of Arthur Brown

Central Nervous System—I Could Have Danced All Night

The Freeborne—Peak Impressions

Spanky and Our Gang [their sequel album is good too, but nowhere near as good]
Group 1850—Agemo’s Trip to Mother Earth
Three Man Army—A Third of a Lifetime

Fuzzy Duck

Toad
Man Made
 (1971)
Crow—Crow Music
Ora
The Zodiac: Cosmic Sounds

Brainbox
 (1969)
Fapardokly
The Electric Flag—A Long Time Comin'
Los Mac’s—Kaleidoscope Men [2nd track and 10th to the end are the best]
The 5th Dimension—The Magic Garden
The Peppermint Trolley Company

Orange Peel
 (1970)
Lori Burton—Breakout
Charisma
 (1969)
Cruciferius—A Nice Way of Life
Colours (1968)

Captain Marryat
Wendy & Bonnie—Genesis

Leaf Hound—Growers of Mushroom
The Amboy Dukes—Migration

The Smoke
 (1968)
The Sunshine Company—Happy Is

The Deviants—Ptooff!

Samurai—Green Tea  
The Third Rail—Id Music

Colosseum—Valentyne Suite

The Critters—Younger Girl

The Mesmerizing Eye—Psychedelia~ A Musical Light Show

The Remains
 (1966)
The Cowsills—We Can Fly [a little meh but still good]

The Pretty Things—"Baron Saturday" from S.F. Sorrow [that album is worth another listen]
Eternity’s Children—Timeless

Graffiti
 (1968)
Big Foot
Laurelie

Shotgun Ltd.
Art—Supernatural Fairy Tales

Roger Bunn—Piece of Mind

Nektar—A Tab in the Ocean

The Beat of the Earth

Strawberry Alarm Clock—Wake Up...It's Tomorrow

The Sacred Mushroom

The Human Expression—Love at Psychedelic Velocity
 (1994) [retrospective album of tracks from 1966-67]
Rainbow Ffolly—Sallies Fforth 
The Plastic Cloud

Mighty Baby
 (1969)

Dada (1970) 
Brain Police
 (1968)
Beggars Opera—Pathfinder

Eden's Children

Homer—Grown in USA

Killing Floor—Out of Uranus

Twentieth Century Zoo—Thunder on a Clear Day 

Wilkinson Tri-Cycle

Christopher
 (1970)
Fruupp—Future Legends

Out of Focus—Wake Up
 (1970)

The Aerovons—Resurrection ["Bessy Goodheart" and bonus tracks "Song For Jane" and "Here"]
The Washington Apple—Fresh Country Apples
The Electric Prunes (1967)

Silver Apples (1968)  
Ahora Mazda

Wigwam—Hard N' Horny

The Frost—Through the Eyes of Love

The Family Tree—Miss Butters

Nick Drake—Bryter Layter

The Astral Projection—The Astral Scene
The Flock—Dinosaur Swamps

Sagittarius—
Present Tense
The Hardtimes—Blew Mind

Starfire (1974) ["Many Moods Ago" and "Slippery" are the best tracks]

The Bonniwell Music Machine

Nosferatu
 (1970) 
Fields (1971)
Twilight—Day and Night
Flea on the Honey

Sleepy John [first half is great anyway]

The Gods—To Samuel a Son
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Mr. K's revised list of obscure albums from the mid '60s to the mid '70s Empty Re: Mr. K's revised list of obscure albums from the mid '60s to the mid '70s

Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:10 am
Worth Another Listen

Quicksilver Messenger Service—Happy Trails 
Vanilla Fudge
 (1967)
The Doors—Waiting for the Sun

Cream—Fresh Cream

Red Krayola—The Red Krayola
 [a late example from 1994] 
Country Joe and The Fish—I Feel Like I'm Fixin' to Die

Morgen

The Fallen Angels
 (1967) 
Chrysalis—Definition

The Tiffany Shade

Black Widow—Sacrifice

Uriel—Arzachel  
Bubble Puppy—A Gathering of Promises

Blues Magoos—Psychedelic Lollipop

The Moving Sidewalks—
Flash

Skip Bifferty  
Small Faces—Ogdens’ Nut Gone Flake

Oxford Circle—Live at The Avalon 1966  
The Moon—Without Earth (1968) & The Moon (1970)

Bold (1969)

Jupiter Sunset—Back In The Sun

The Sugar Shoppe

The Hollies—Evolution

Tomorrow (1968)

Tea and Symphony—An Asylum for the Musically Insane

Ant Trip Ceremony—24 Hours

Wimple Winch—Tales from The Sinking Ship [first few tracks are great!]
We the People aka American Zoo—Visions of Time

Family—Music in a Doll's House

Kaleidoscope [UK]—Faintly Blowing

The Pretty Things—Emotions [first three or so songs are great]

Moby Grape—Wow [couple of good tracks]  
The Seeds—A Web of Sound
NGC-4594—Skipping Through the Night

The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band—Where’s My Daddy?

The Deep—Psychedelic Moods [first track and "Shadows On The Wall" are good] 

Midwinter—The Waters of Sweet Sorrow [liked "To Find a Reason" best]
The Dovers—We’re Not Just Anybody (2003) [retrospective album of tracks from 1965-66; first track is great] 
Street

Headstone Circus
Pidgeon
 (1969)
Harpers Bizarre—Feelin' Groovy [alright, but a little too happy/peppy sunshine goodness]

Lucifer’s Friend (1970) [some great tracks, especially at the beginning but kinda drags at the end]

Fever Dream
 [possibly a Loggins & Messina track from Mother Lode (1974)] 
Cold Sun—Dark Shadows [first track’s really good]

Bow Street Runners ["Eating From A Plastic Hand" and the last track are good]

The Other Half (1968) [plus 5 bonus tracks]

The C.A. Quintet—Trip Thru Hell [some good moments but mostly shit]

Eternal Tapestry—Beyond the 4th Door [good for background noise if high but that's it]

Gentle Soul [too folky, cutesy]

Grapefruit—
Around Grapefruit
The Beethoven Soul

The Collectors
 (1968)
Bear—Greetings, Children of Paradise

The Music Machine—Turn On

T-Bones—No Matter What Shape
 (Your Stomach's In)
Arcadium—Breathe Awhile

The Mandrake Memorial—Puzzle

Apple—An Apple a Day

Salt Water Taffy—Finders Keepers ["You Baby" is great]

Caravan (1968) [first track, "Place Of My Own", is good]

Susan Christie—Paint A Lady ["Yesterday, Where’s My Mind" and "No One Can Hear You Cry" are the best]

Children of the Mushroom
 (2015) [retrospective album of tracks from 1968]

Wildfire—Smokin'
Mephistopheles—In Frustration I Hear Singing

Stud (1971)
The Action—16 Slices of .....

Majic Ship

The Cleves—Cleves

Hunger—Strictly From Hunger ["Trying To Make The Best", "Mind Machine"]

Purple Overdose—Reborn
 [a late example from 1999] 
Crystal Syphon—Elephant Ball

The Growing Concern

The Collectors—Grass and Wild Strawberries

Incredible Hog—Volume I

Kennelmus—Folkstone Prism

Truth—Of Them and Other Tales (1996) [retrospective album of tracks from 1969-70] 

Acid Mothers Temple & The Cosmic Inferno—Anthem Of The Space [a late example from 2005]

The Ghost—When You’re Dead [first few tracks especially good]

Mother Superior
 (1975)
Stained Glass—Aurora

Friar Tuck—Friar Tuck and His Psychedelic Guitar [it's mostly blah and starts out just okay but there are some real gems too]  
The New Colony Six—Revelation [it's cute sunshine pop but the lyrics are bland]

Julian Jay Savarin—Waiters on the Dance [pretty good, first two tracks the best]

The Novac—The Fifth Word [actually pretty good if hectic album]

Broselmaschine (1971) [starts good but then descends into the sitar and is overall too mellow for me]

Beacon Street Union—The Clown Died In Marvin Gardens ["The Clown’s Overture" is the best track]

Blodwyn Pig
 [either Ahead Rings Out or Getting To This]
GTOs—Permanent Damage [fascinating. Like Zappa (learnt later he produced it)]

Mystic Siva—Under the Influence [starts off okay, drops off. Vocals are just meh]

Garrett Lund—Almost Grown [first two to four tracks are great tho] 
Dino, Desi & Billy—Souvenir [forgettable but not terrible sunshine pop]

Stone Circus
Quatermass

Snow (1968) [decent but bland sunshine/psych]

Five Day Rain

Cynara

Gracious—Gracious! [UK underground]

Spring
 [UK progressive] 
O.P.M.C.—Amalgamation

Great Bear (1971)  
Appaloosa (1969)

Cozmic Corridors

Think—Variety [mostly very good, drags at the end]

Missing Link – Nevergreen!

Dedalus (1973) [offbeat like The Mesmerizing Eye]

Guru Guru—Känguru [another weird free form album]

Ian Carr’s Nucleus—Roots

Flake—How’s Your Mother

Goldenrod (1969)

The Little Boy Blues—In the Woodland of Weir

Nucleus—We’ll Talk About It Later [all instrumentals]

Short Cross—Arising

Heavy Cruiser
 (1972)

Heavy Cruiser—Lucky Dog
Swallow (1973)

Cherry People

Road (1972)

John & Anne Ryder—I Still Believe in Tomorrow

Steeplechase—Lady Bright

Lost Nation—Paradise Lost

Lovecraft—Valley of the Moon
 [H.P. Lovecraft with a new lineup] 
T.I.M.E.—Smooth Ball

Cottonwood—Camaraderie

Jokers Wild—Liquid Giraffe

Horn—On the People's Side

The Jarvis Street Revue—Mr. Oil Man

Hero (1974)

Mad Curry [I really liked this one]

Jack Bonus

Maggi—Clockworking Cosmic Spirits

A New Place to Live

Banchee (1969)

Mom’s Apple Pie (1972)

Sam Apple Pie (1969) [both "Apple Pie" albums have good first tracks]
Luv Machine (1971)

Food Brain—Social Gathering
Gentle Giant—Octopus

McPhee
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:13 am
Wasn't Impressed With

The 13th Floor Elevators’ 3 albums; H.P. Lovecraft’s 2 albums; Small Faces (1966); Music Emporium; The Savage Resurrection; Haymarket Square—Magic Lantern; Fraction—Moon Blood; The End—Introspection; July (1968) [UK band]; Clear Light (1967); Kak—Kak-Ola (1999) [reissue of self-titled 1969 album plus bonus tracks]; Weed (1971); Joseph—Stoned Age Man; Cromagnon—Orgasm; Hell Preachers Inc.—Supreme Psychedelic Underground; Leviathan (1969); Magic Bubble; One (1969); Q65 [one of the first four albums (1966-71)]; The Chocolate Watchband—Forty Four (1984) [comp of tracks from 1966-68]; Deep Purple—Shades of Deep Purple; Dragonfly (1968); Shadows of Knight (1968); The Litter—Distortions; Out of Focus (1971); Xhol Caravan—Electrip; The Appletree Theatre—Playback; Fifty Foot Hose—Cauldron; Neon Pearl—1967 Recordings; The Maze—Armageddon; The Lollipop Shoppe—Just Colour; Bohemian Vendetta; The Tea Company—Come And Have Some Tea With The Tea Company; The Chocolate Watchband—The Inner Mystique; Asylum Choir—Look Inside The Asylum Choir; Magic—Enclosed; Pugh’s Place—West One; Night Shadow—The Square Root Of Two; The Open Mind (1969); Thrice Mice—Thrice Mice!; UFO—either UFO 1 or UFO 2; Faine Jade—Introspection: A Faine Jade Recital; St. John Green [but the first and last tracks are great!]; The Index—The Index ["the Black Label Album"]; The Haunted (1967); The Master’s Apprentices (1967); The Superfine Dandelion; Please—Seeing Stars; The Chocolate Watchband—No Way Out; Kaleidoscope [US]—Side Trips; Kaleidoscope [US]—A Beacon from Mars; Moby Grape—Grape Jam; The Misunderstood—Before the Dream Faded (1982) [comp of tracks from 1965-66]; The Yardbirds—Yardbirds (1966) [aka Roger the Engineer]; Zipper (1974); Groundhogs—Blues Obituary; The Love Depression; Fate—Sgt Death (1999) [recorded 1968 but not released at the time]; Farm (1971); The Clique—"Sugar on Sunday" [song on self-titled debut]; The Boston Tea Party; Federal Duck; P.C. Kent—P.C. Kent (Upstairs Coming Down) [first track is good tho]; Velvett Fogg; Fresh Blueberry Pancake—Heavy; Autosalvage [first intro is good]; Condello—Phase 1 [first track or two are good]; Chamaeleon Church; Red Dirt (1970); Suck—Time to Suck; The Yankee Dollar; Pearls Before Swine—One Nation Underground; Dantalian’s Chariot—Chariot Rising (1996) [comp of tracks from 1967, last two are good]; The Fool; Trees—On the Shore; The Electric Prunes—Stockholm 67 [1997 release of live performance]; Dschinn; Bulbous Creation—You Won't Remember Dying; Gun (1968); Sam Gopal—Escalator; Fear Itself; Apryl Fool ["Tanger" and "Sunday" are good]; The Search Party—Montgomery Chapel [first song has nice beat]; Area Code 615—Trip in the Country; Morning Dew (1970); Octopus [US] (1969); String Cheese; Jellyroll (1971); The Leathercoated Minds—A Trip Down The Sunset Strip; Tax Free [US] (1971); Every Mother’s Son; The Paupers—Magic People; Freakout U.S.A. (1967) [10-band comp]; The Mascots—Ellpee; The Outsiders—CQ [Dutch band. "Wish You Were Here With Me Today" and "I Love You No. 2" are good]; Beauregard Ajax—Deaf Priscilla; Pink Fairies—Never Never Land; Them Belfast Gypsies; The Mugwumps; Buzz Linhart—Buzzy; Tinkerbells Fairydust; Night Sun—Mournin’; Count Five—Psychotic Reaction; The Barbarians—Are You a Boy or Are You a Girl; The Immigrants—The Immigrants '66; Jack Wild—The Jack Wild Album; The Action—Rolled Gold; The Electric Banana—Blows Your Mind (1997) [aka The Pretty Things, comp of tracks from 1967-69. "Eagle's Son" is good]; Gábor Szabó—Dreams; Pacific Gas and Electric—Get It On; Keef Hartley Band—Halfbreed; Chicken Shack—Imagination Lady; The Third Eye—Searching; Lyd; The Fugs—The Fugs First Album; Perth County Conspiracy—Does Not Exist; The Fun and Games—Elephant Candy [cool cover of "Don't Worry Baby"]; Bakery—Momento [starts off great tho]; Atomic Rooster—Atomic Roooster [sic]; The Golden Dawn—Power Plant; Saturnalia—Magical Love; Leon Russell & Marc Benno—Asylum Choir II; Elysian Field (1968); Stepping Out—Another Concert Somewhere; Velvet Night; Leonard Cohen—Songs from a Room; Thundermother—No Red Rowan; Randy Holden—Population II; Hootch [not bad, just kinda one note]; Power of Zeus—The Gospel According to Zeus; Pluto (1971); Spooky Tooth—It's All About; The Ceyleib People—Tanyet; The Fire Escape – Psychotic Reaction; Moby Grape—Truly Fine Citizen; Brainticket—Celestial Ocean [first track is good tho]; Chambers Brothers—The Time Has Come [the first track and "Time Has Come Today" are good]; Larry’s Rebels—A Study in Black ["Stormy Winds" and “Let's Think Of Something” are good]; Taj Mahal (1968); Grootna ["Your Grandmother Loves You" is okay]; Lazy Smoke—Corridor of Faces ["Sarah Saturday" is okay]; One in a Million—Double Sight: The Complete Recordings [2008 comp of tracks from c. 1967]; Day Blindness; Atlantic Ocean—Tranquillity Bay; Dry Ice—Mary’s Meth Dream; Forever More—Yours / Words on Black Plastic (2007) [compiles two albums from 1970 and 1971]; Time—Before There Was… Time [2005 debut of tracks from 1968]; 3’s A Crowd—Christopher’s Movie Matinee ["Wasn't It You" isn't bad]; The Human Instinct—Stoned Guitar; Lemon Fog & The Nomads—3 O'clock Merrian Webster Time (1982) [compiles tracks from 1967-68 by these two bands]; Open Road—Windy Daze; Mops—Iijanaika; Atomic Rooster—In Hearing of Atomic Rooster; Marshmallow Way; The Flying Machine (1969); The Crazy People—Bedlam ["After Six" and "Head Job" aren't bad]; Mock Duck—Test Record; Sugar Cube Blues Band (1995) [debut release of 1967 demos]; Nick Drake—Five Leaves Left; Nick Drake—Pink Moon; Andwellas Dream—Love and Poetry; The Cryan' Shames—Synthesis; The Id—The Inner Sounds of the Id; Douglas Fir—Hard Heartsingin’; Blackfoot—The Foot Steps; Mason—Harbor; Lost and Found—Forever Lasting Plastic Words (1968); Yesterday’s Children; The Flying Karpets—Flying Karpet; Spoils of War—Spoils of War 2 [2002 comp of tracks from 1967-70]; Chimera (2002) [previously unreleased 1969-70 UK album]; Galadriel; Ashkan—In from the Cold; Eastfield Meadows; Bulldog Breed—Made in England; Michaelangelo—One Voice Many; Peter, Paul and Mary—Album 1700; The Freak Scene—Psychedelic Psoul; Methuselah—Matthew Mark Luke and John; Linda Perhacs—Parallelograms [wasn’t really my style tho the titular track was AMAZING!! so was "Moons And Cattails"]; The Rainy Daze—That Acapulco Gold; The Fanz—The Grand Illusion; Jokers (1972) [horrible]; Fever Tree—Another Time, Another Place ["Jokes Are For Sad People" is good]; Euphoria—A Gift From Euphoria; Free Action Inc. Plays Eddy Korsche—Rock & Blues; The Dog That Bit People; Jardine—Look in the Window; Neon (1970); After Tea—Jointhouse Blues; T.S. Bonniwell—Close; Ken Little—Solo; Big Lost Rainbow; Krokodil (1969); The Edgar Broughton Band (1971); The Unspoken Word (1970); Stark Naked; Hole in the Wall (1972); Eugene Carnan; Kath—1 (1974); Iota (1970); Crash Coffin (1974); Escombros; The Idle Race—Idle Race; Peace and Love (1971) [band from Mexico]; Raven (1969); Pax—May God and Your Will Land You and Your Soul Miles Away From Evil; Forest (1969); Fleur De Lis—Facing Morning; Tobruk—Ad Lib; Ian Carr—Belladonna; Elizabeth; Brigg; The 31st of February; Isolation (1973); Clem Alford—Mirror Image [sitar]; Groundshaker (2007) [comp of tracks from 1971-72]; Hurdy Gurdy; Estes Brothers—Transitions; Candida Pax—Day; Wilson McKinley—Spirit Of Elijah [horrible christian rock]; Rockin' Foo; Apocalypse (1969); Rex Holman—Here in the Land of Victory; John Compton—To Luna; Guru Guru—UFO; Arbuckle (1972); Boondoggle & Balderdash; Peace & Quiet (1971); The Frays—90 Wardour Street; Redwing (1971); Redeye (1970); The Koala (1969); Mount Rushmore—High on Mount Rushmore; Manna (1972); Cornbread (1971); Tear Gas (1971); Excalibur—The First Album; Medicine Head—Dark Side of the Moon; Akira Ishikawa & Count Buffaloes—Uganda; Thunder And Roses—King Of The Black Sunrise; The Lemon Fog—The Psychedelic Sound of Summer [liked the first track or two]; Dennis Coffey Trio—Hair and Thangs; Ramases—Space Hymns [I like "Life Child" tho]; Little Free Rock; Flying Bear Medicine Show; Circus (1969); Greezy Wheels—Juz Loves Dem Ol’; The American Revolution (1968); Markley, A Group [The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band under another name]; Formerly Fat Harry (1971); Lacewing (1970); Bullet—The Entrance to Hell; Challenger’s (1969); Eric (1970); Heavy Balloon—32,000 Pound; Ashes Featuring Pat Taylor; Nirvana—Songs of Love and Praise; Maury Muehleisen—Gingerbreadd; The Corporation (1969); Creepy John Thomas—Brother Bat Bone; Writing on the Wall—The Power of the Picts; Sabicas with Joe Beck—Rock Encounter; Sabicas—The Soul of Flamenco and the Essence of Rock; Christopher—What’cha Gonna Do?; Megatrip (1996) [not 1978 as claimed]; The Rhythm Dukes—Flashback; Fat Water; Head Over Heels (1971); Donovan—Mellow Yellow [I like the title track tho]; Mars Bonfire—Faster Than The Speed Of Life; The Patron Saints—Fohhoh Bohob; Baby Grandmothers—Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out
BobLucas
BobLucas
Admin
Admin
https://thebeachboysforum.forumotion.com

Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:32 pm
I’ll try working through this list one day! I’m in a bit of a musical rut at the moment, so it might yield something interesting!
Say, John, you might be able to help.
I have a friend who has been trying to find a song since 1968. All he really remembers is that it copped a bit of the chorus of The Rolling Stones’ “Let’s Spend The Night Together”.. I’ve been searching for ages and never had much luck!
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:09 pm
BobLucas wrote:I’ll try working through this list one day! I’m in a bit of a musical rut at the moment, so it might yield something interesting!
Say, John, you might be able to help.
I have a friend who has been trying to find a song since 1968. All he really remembers is that it copped a bit of the chorus of The Rolling Stones’ “Let’s Spend The Night Together”.. I’ve been searching for ages and never had much luck!

It's full of strange and interesting things so there might be something there of interest for you. Its compiler performed the Herculean feat of listening to something like 300 complete albums before making their judgement!   

As for your friend's song, it might conceivably have been "Lazy Sunday" (1968) by Small Faces, which in fact cops a line (here at 1:45) from the Stones' "Satisfaction" although it's the same pattern of notes as in "LSTNT":

If not, I'll keep thinking!
BobLucas
BobLucas
Admin
Admin
https://thebeachboysforum.forumotion.com

Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:24 pm
[quote="Mr K]
As for your friend's song, it might conceivably have been "Lazy Sunday" (1968) by Small Faces, which in fact cops a line (here at 1:45) from the Stones' "Satisfaction" although it's the same pattern of notes as in "LSTNT":
If not, I'll keep thinking![/quote]

It’s definitely not that, as I recall he said this song lifts the first four bars of LSTNT’s chorus pretty directly.
I’m going to imagine it’s quite an obscure song, probably didn’t get far out of New York in the late 60’s, but you never know!
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:04 am
Going through a process of elimination here. Neil Young's "Lotta Love" is from much later (1987): 

Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:21 am
Or "David Watts" by The Kinks?

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum