THe BeAcH BoYs ExPeRieNCe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

A BB Catch-All for Musings and Commentary Empty A BB Catch-All for Musings and Commentary

Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:26 pm
I get the feeling I'm suffering from BB Information Overload. I'm not quite sure what to do about it (yet)
but it might explain my limited posting activity in this section of the Bored. I'll keep working on it. A BB Catch-All for Musings and Commentary Cool
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
https://www.youtube.com/medievalrichard

A BB Catch-All for Musings and Commentary Empty Re: A BB Catch-All for Musings and Commentary

Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:02 pm
Mr. K wrote:I get the feeling I'm suffering from BB Information Overload. I'm not quite sure what to do about it (yet)
but it might explain my limited posting activity in this section of the Bored. I'll keep working on it. A BB Catch-All for Musings and Commentary Cool

Happens to all of us! lol!
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

A BB Catch-All for Musings and Commentary Empty Re: A BB Catch-All for Musings and Commentary

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:13 pm
Right now there's talk at PSF about this book Rocky Pamplin is supposed to have written: http://petsoundsforum.com/thread/2355/rockys-book

The man himself left some "excerpts" at Smiley quite a while ago and precipitated a deluge of posts. Including this brilliant spoof by Bubs, which follows in the wake of eight such "segments" posted by Rocky (to whet our appetites, no doubt):

Segment 9: Just Desserts

We drove to the Luau when Def Leppard came on the radio, and we started punching each other in the car to the beat. The first one to bleed lost... Brian bit my shoulder, so I punched him in the nose. There was a lot of blood on the floor of the car so we called it even. "I'll get you next time" I said to Brian. Brian laughed. "Have I told you about how much I hate Dennis?" I asked him. The car stopped and we were at the Luau.
    "Time for food, boys!" Marilyn trilled.
    "I bet they have a lot of food here" Brian said to me softly.
    We got inside and started throwing dollar bills in the air... Brian told me that I'm a cool guy, and I told him that I knew that. I flexed a little bit.
    We walked to the maître d'hôtel and asked for a table. He told me the tables were full, so I told him that I could beat him up. He said "Wha-Ooh" and rushed to find us a table. We followed him while yelling at other people trying to eat because we were strong men and we beat people with fist. There wasn't any werewolves here. Finally, the stupid waiter found us a table. BUT THE TABLE HE FOUND US WAS NEXT TO MIKE.
    I heard a deep, guttural scream from Brian that I had never heard before or since. "p*ssy alert!" Brian screamed. "You know what I do to pussies?" I took a karate pose to show we meant business, and Brian smashed a wine bottle against the edge of the table. "I STAB PUSSIES," Big B yelled, forcing veins and tendons to push against the skin of his neck. That's when Brian ran over to Mike and shoved the jagged edge underneath his jawline, sending him to the floor.
   Mike was crying in a pool of his blood, so we high-fived each other a bunch. Then we high-fived more. Marilyn was pretty into it.
   Brian sat down and tried to order, but I picked him up and held him over my head and ran a block down the street. "What about my grasshopper," Brian asked between bounces.
   Stan was running after us yelling about how he stole Mike's hat and that he might have died or something. I don't know. I'm too strong for emotions.
   I placed Brian down on the pavement, but then decided to pick him back up again because lifting him was a good workout.
   "How many reps are you doing," Stan asked.
   "Probably, like, a thousand," I puffed.
   We got back to Brian's house and drank all of his liquor while he sat in a chair and stared us.
   "You did double good today, Bri-dawg" I belched.
   Brian smiled. "Maybe I do good tomorrow, too?"
   "We'll see."
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:32 pm
Here's an old I ad I hadn't seen before:

Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:28 pm
Mr. K wrote:Here's an old I ad I hadn't seen before:

I think I remember that ad! lol!
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:43 am
Mr. K wrote:I get the feeling I'm suffering from BB Information Overload.

No change as yet. It would be great to blot out a whole bunch of stuff and go back to the time when I was besotted with their music. Something tells me Smile may prove to be the way back in, more particularly the version discussed in this Smiley topic. The Romestamo Cut is the last of the trio linked at the bottom of the first post: 

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,22045.msg525021.html#msg525021
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Fri May 04, 2018 10:16 am
There's some hilarious stuff in this Smiley topic dedicated to BB "Song Titles That Are Untrue"--particularly the two posts by joshferrell and bossaroo! A BB Catch-All for Musings and Commentary Laugh

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,12933.0.html
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Mon May 14, 2018 10:56 am
I still have to read this. With thanks to the intrepid Mikie at PSF:

https://pleasekillme.com/glen-campbell-brian-wilson-beach-boys/
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:10 pm
Oooff!! How about this "Maintenance Mode" message at PSF?? A BB Catch-All for Musings and Commentary Ohmy

"Due to a lack of mods PSF will remain inactive until further notice."
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:47 pm
Mr. K wrote:"Due to a lack of mods PSF will remain inactive until further notice."

Now that's quite a turn up for the books.
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:49 am
Cool Cool Water wrote:
Mr. K wrote:"Due to a lack of mods PSF will remain inactive until further notice."

Now that's quite a turn up for the books.

It's worse than that now. The forum's owner has closed it down--thousands upon thousands of informative posts lost for ever! There's a new website but I'm not sure if I'll be joining. All that starting all over again (again)...

http://endlessharmony.boards.net
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:00 pm
That's cool. We're on this list:

http://beachboysfanclub.org/bbfclinx.htm

Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:12 pm
Mr. K wrote:That's cool. We're on this list:

http://beachboysfanclub.org/bbfclinx.htm

How cool is that! Thanks for sharing.
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:41 pm
"The Beach Boys, too, cast a long shadow over Tusk, and for several different reasons. Ever the studio rat, Buckingham spent the months leading up to the Tusk sessions listening obsessively to Pet Sounds, trying to deconstruct the production techniques behind that innovative masterpiece. It’s also been reported that Buckingham was granted access to the elusive master tapes of the Beach Boys’ then-unreleased Pet Sounds follow-up Smile, and that the Tusk tracks 'That’s All for Everyone' and 'Beautiful Child' bear the influence of Brian Wilson’s cutting-edge production. During the Tusk sessions, though, Christine McVie went even straighter to the source—she actually started dating a Beach Boy, the dreamy but ultimately troubled drummer Dennis Wilson." [Source]

With thanks to astroray at Smiley.
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:50 pm
There's a great topic at Smiley right now about the impromptu late-night session with guitarist Billy Strange for "Sloop John B". This is probably the most interesting post there to date (note: Loren should read Lorne):

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,26763.msg654851.html#msg654851
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:13 pm
How about this? This is the latest project by Beach Boys researcher and multi-instrumentalist Joshilyn Hoisington aka aeijtzsche. Love the title! I really hope it takes off...

Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:25 pm
This is another "filler program" before the series proper begins (all in good time). JH performs the miracle of uncovering and identifying the string bass line played by Lyle Ritz on "I'm Waiting For The Day". She is nothing if not resourceful!   

Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:52 pm
And here's #3. JH picks out the 12-string lines on "Don't Talk". Her skills as a mandolinist are very much to the fore here: 

Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:24 pm
^^
Cool stuff!
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:08 am
A brilliant read from start to finish. I met Jeff at a David Marks/Jeff vip gig in Essex, London in 2008 where I was invited with The Ladykillers. An absolutely wonderful person, top musician and singer you’ll ever meet. He wanted to put vocals on one of our tracks and gave us his private email. Unfortunately due to his busy schedule at the time it never happened. Reading the recent news via his health I wish Jeff a speedy recovery.

""How Jeffrey Foskett Went From Brian Wilson Fan to Beach Boys Insider""
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:15 am
Cool Cool Water wrote:A brilliant read from start to finish. I met Jeff at a David Marks/Jeff vip gig in Essex, London in 2008 where I was invited with The Ladykillers. An absolutely wonderful person, top musician and singer you’ll ever meet. He wanted to put vocals on one of our tracks and gave us his private email. Unfortunately due to his busy schedule at the time it never happened. Reading the recent news via his health I wish Jeff a speedy recovery.

""How Jeffrey Foskett Went From Brian Wilson Fan to Beach Boys Insider""

Jesus. That doesn't look good. Criminally, I haven't been keeping up with general BB-related news recently so I had no idea Jeff was in such a bad state. The poor man has been given until May! 

I've seen him onstage twice, once with Brian and later with Mike. What an honour that must have been to have met him. Pity he never got to record with you guys.

My thoughts go out to Jeff and those who love him.
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:55 pm
Mr. K wrote:I've seen him onstage twice, once with Brian and later with Mike.

That's awesome. I always found it fascinating how Jeff ended up in the BB. I mean how cool of Brian to invite him and his friend in the house in 1976 - They went looking for his house being big fans.
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:23 am
This is a fascinating topic over at Endless Harmony with some amazing pictures, at least the ones that are left. (I visited Baambrugge earlier this millennium.) With particular thanks to SMiLE-Holland (Klaas). Wink

http://endlessharmony.boards.net/thread/548/remembering-baambrugge-dutch-saga-1970?page=1
DarkGothicQueen
DarkGothicQueen

Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:54 pm
It`s only natural that pets listen to Pet Sounds. The bird`s name is Topaz and it`s a Golden Conure.

Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:11 pm
DarkGothicQueen wrote:It`s only natural that pets listen to Pet Sounds. The bird`s name is Topaz and it`s a Golden Conure.

Pretty neat the way it's nailed the rhythm! jocolor
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum