THe BeAcH BoYs ExPeRieNCe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
smileysmile42
smileysmile42

Brian Wilson-  At My Piano  (2021) Out Novemer 19th (2021)  Empty Brian Wilson- At My Piano (2021) Out Novemer 19th (2021)

Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:02 pm
well Brian's got a NEW album coming after all these years he really must be out of ideas for songs these days or the well of songs he writes is really small and i read an interview where he did say he has a harder time to write songs than he used to. it may have been the same article where it was claimed that he has a habit of lying to the press for fun really. i dunno if that is true though. anyways his new album At My Piano (2021) is what if there was a Guitar involved would be an acoustic album of sorts with him at the Piano and i don't think it's gonna be anyone else but him. the idea is pretty good but than Brian doesn't sing as good as he used to sound he's one of those singers in recent years that sounds better i think with a band.

a friend of mine years ago so him on Ellen and she thought he sounded awful he didn't at the time. i'm not so sure about these days but i'm still gonna buy it. regardless it as i said in the title comes out November 19th and all it really is him singing hit songs and that really is something i wish he wouldn't have done cause we all know the hits he should have put in some deep cuts in there like say Marie a song i was just listening to today as a matter of fact.
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Brian Wilson-  At My Piano  (2021) Out Novemer 19th (2021)  Empty Re: Brian Wilson- At My Piano (2021) Out Novemer 19th (2021)

Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:10 pm
Hi Don. Well, this album is purely instrumental, just piano in fact. This is what Will Crerar, an erudite BB scholar whose word I trust, posted about it at the Endless Harmony forum:

"From someone with an inside word:

"'I have it on good authority that Brian played on every track. It was recorded using one of those grand pianos that's midi capable to be able to capture his performance but it was done with overdubs and basically speaking co-produced by Darian. ... My understanding is that it's tough to count him off and nail a take now at his age, but they noted that he'd noodle around and after a bit he’s just start diving in and playing, so they were trying to figure out a way where they could let him do that and capture it all so that everything he played was recorded in some form."

Although it's nice to see Brian musically active, I won't be buying it. I've too many CDs played once cluttering up the collection...
smileysmile42
smileysmile42

Brian Wilson-  At My Piano  (2021) Out Novemer 19th (2021)  Empty Re: Brian Wilson- At My Piano (2021) Out Novemer 19th (2021)

Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:24 am
oh okay thanxs i still plan on buying it cause well it's Brian Wilson i'll buy anything he puts out pretty much lol

Mr. K likes this post

smileysmile42
smileysmile42

Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:12 am
though i still haven't bought it funny enough
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum