THe BeAcH BoYs ExPeRieNCe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DarkGothicQueen
DarkGothicQueen

Going  Back to Jersey--Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons Empty Going Back to Jersey--Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons

Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:53 pm
Watching The Sopranos has reminded me of the original Jersey Boys. (In fact, somewhere along the line in my music topic about the show, a surprise will be revealed that really connects with this topic. It won`t be for a while yet so don`t hold your breath.)

Here are my two favorite tracks.

Track: 'Rag Doll'---Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons

Track: 'Silence is Golden'---Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons

Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Going  Back to Jersey--Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons Empty Re: Going Back to Jersey--Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons

Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:08 am
Good call, Ms Mod. My FS history goes back to 1962 when "Sherry" turned the pop world upside down. "Rag Doll" is a favourite of mine too. So is "Ronnie". I imagine this won't be the last time I'll be posting here...

DarkGothicQueen
DarkGothicQueen

Going  Back to Jersey--Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons Empty Re: Going Back to Jersey--Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons

Mon May 21, 2018 1:49 pm
I think this is another of my favorites. I like the switching around of rhythms behind the bossa nova type beat.

Track: 'Candy Girl'---Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons

Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Mon May 21, 2018 6:34 pm
DarkGothicQueen wrote:I think this is another of my favorites. I like the switching around of rhythms behind the bossa nova type beat.

Track: 'Candy Girl'---Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons

Those keyboard swoops have a typical 1963 sound to them (as in "Our Time Will Come" by Ruby and The Romantics).
A great summer memory from that year! Thank you, DGQ! Going  Back to Jersey--Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons Smile
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:51 pm
This later (1976) Seasons track has always been a big favourite of mine. That's drummer Gerry Polci on lead vocals (see link). Stunning bass work!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Star_(song)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum