Go down
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
https://www.youtube.com/medievalrichard

Done Anything Stupid Recently?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Done Anything Stupid Recently?

on Thu May 16, 2019 9:42 pm
Mr. K wrote:This is a popular topic! Very Happy 

You can read about my latest boo-boo here. Getting the wrong end of the stick being my speciality (or even worse: right end, wrong stick). Crying or Very sad

That "RangeRoverA1" has had it in for you for some time! Laughing

*Edit---that RangeRoverA1 seems like a complete tw*t!
lol!

Advisor
Advisor

Done Anything Stupid Recently?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Done Anything Stupid Recently?

on Fri May 17, 2019 8:59 am
Cool Cool Water wrote:
Mr. K wrote:This is a popular topic! Very Happy 

You can read about my latest boo-boo here. Getting the wrong end of the stick being my speciality (or even worse: right end, wrong stick). Crying or Very sad

That "RangeRoverA1" has had it in for you for some time! Laughing

*Edit---that RangeRoverA1 seems like a complete tw*t!
lol!

RRA1 is, let's say, unusual. I'll leave it at that. cat

Archive of Our Own--Stories by DJ Marlowe
Torquemada
Torquemada

on Fri May 17, 2019 12:39 pm
Allowed dull and boring Mr. K to remain on this forum. Sleep
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

on Fri May 17, 2019 4:31 pm
Torquemada wrote:Allowed dull and boring Mr. K to remain on this forum. Sleep

For which I am eternally grateful, Your Dorkiness. geek

I solemnly promise never to call you what CCW called RangeRoverA1. tongue tongue tongue

FakeFreef
FakeFreef

on Sat May 18, 2019 12:04 am
Mr. K wrote:

I solemnly promise never to call you what CCW called RangeRoverA1. tongue tongue tongue

meenster kayz izz uh twitt noe arrgumunt dair
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

on Sat May 18, 2019 8:05 am
FakeFreef wrote:
Mr. K wrote:

meenster kayz izz uh twitt noe arrgumunt dair

I was waiting for you to chime in, FF. Insult me as much as you like (see if I care), just as long as you don't insult my friend RangeRover. Very Happy

Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

on Tue May 21, 2019 6:31 pm
Spilt my beer into a Pringles box while I was away the weekend at our camp late at night.... Embarassed

Advisor
Advisor

on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:31 am
Cool Cool Water wrote:Spilt my beer into a Pringles box while I was away the weekend at our camp late at night.... Embarassed
Soggy Pringles!( And/or salty beer.) Not good. lol!

This topic was made for my next act of stupidity! Last Sunday the now-defunct blues band had a get-together to chat, eat and drink. My sax-playing friend needed a lift so he came to our house by tram to drive my car to the rhythm guitarist's house half an hour away. (I'm no hero behind the wheel, you see.) 

Anyway on the way back it was pissing with rain so I stupidly said I'd take him home first and drive the last quarter of an hour myself. Apart from having more to drink than even the Dutch police would have found acceptable, visibility was awful that night due to the downpour and I nicked the left front tyre on a treacherous piece of curb along the tramline. This was at the "mouse-hole", a narrow and poorly marked opening below a railway bridge where I'd burst the right front tyre a couple of years ago! There was no puncture this time and I drove on home cursing to myself.

After looking up the consequence of a blowout and getting a little nervous in case there had been some sort of internal damage, I got in touch with our car mechanic friend. He checked it this morning and it's fine. 

There are lessons to be learned from this. Thank you, thank you, my guardian angel. If we ever meet I'd give you a huge hug. I love you  

Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

on Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:59 pm
Mr. K wrote:
Cool Cool Water wrote:Spilt my beer into a Pringles box while I was away the weekend at our camp late at night.... Embarassed
Soggy Pringles!( And/or salty beer.) Not good. lol!

Yeah, didn't eat them!  lol!

Advisor
Advisor

on Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:42 pm
Well, not recently (it must have been more than 30 years ago) but it may amuse you both.jocolor

Before we bought our range cooker--which can toast bread, among its many features--we had a simple electric pop-up toaster. At some point it must have offended me aesthetically so I filled the sink with soapy water, dunked the thing in it and gave it a good scrub inside and out. Even the fabric cord looked great afterwards (I'd removed it from the wall socket for easier cleaning). However, I think I must have dislodged something vital along the way as it never seemed to want to work after that, even when I followed the instructions to the letter. Oh well. study

Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

on Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:16 pm
Mr. K wrote:Well, not recently (it must have been more than 30 years ago) but it may amuse you both.jocolor

Before we bought our range cooker--which can toast bread, among its many features--we had a simple electric pop-up toaster. At some point it must have offended me aesthetically so I filled the sink with soapy water, dunked the thing in it and gave it a good scrub inside and out. Even the fabric cord looked great afterwards (I'd removed it from the wall socket for easier cleaning). However, I think I must have dislodged something vital along the way as it never seemed to want to work after that, even when I followed the instructions to the letter. Oh well. study

lol!

Honorary Member
Honorary Member

on Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:29 pm
Left my handbrake off on my car while I parked up. It started rolling, to which I quickly realised and pull the handbrake on! Embarassed lol!

Advisor
Advisor

on Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:28 pm
Cool Cool Water wrote:Left my handbrake off on my car while I parked up. It started rolling, to which I quickly realised and pull the handbrake on! Embarassed lol!

Oooohh! I did that in France back in 2015 or '16, with disastrous results. We'd taken over my son's previous car and I misjudged the handbrake on a slope at a roadside cafe (I should have put it in gear anyway). When we came out, the car had vanished! Well, not exactly--to our horror we saw it had rolled down the slope in a wide arc and slammed into what transpired to be this young girl's brand new birthday present. Luckily there was a bilingual Belgian nearby who mediated between the two parties--the girl had threatened to call the police! Happily the insurance companies did the rest and we never heard anything more about it. There are times (many of them) when I feel I should never, ever get behind the wheel of any car! scratch

Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

on Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:55 am
Mr. K wrote:Oooohh! I did that in France back in 2015 or '16, with disastrous results. We'd taken over my son's previous car and I misjudged the handbrake on a slope at a roadside cafe (I should have put it in gear anyway). When we came out, the car had vanished! Well, not exactly--to our horror we saw it had rolled down the slope in a wide arc and slammed into what transpired to be this young girl's brand new birthday present. Luckily there was a bilingual Belgian nearby who mediated between the two parties--the girl had threatened to call the police! Happily the insurance companies did the rest and we never heard anything more about it. There are times (many of them) when I feel I should never, ever get behind the wheel of any car! scratch

Wow! It seems you escaped lucky there. What happened to the car and what was that girls bday present it slammed into?  lol!

Advisor
Advisor

on Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:29 am
Cool Cool Water wrote:
Mr. K wrote:Oooohh! I did that in France back in 2015 or '16, with disastrous results. We'd taken over my son's previous car and I misjudged the handbrake on a slope at a roadside cafe (I should have put it in gear anyway). When we came out, the car had vanished! Well, not exactly--to our horror we saw it had rolled down the slope in a wide arc and slammed into what transpired to be this young girl's brand new birthday present. Luckily there was a bilingual Belgian nearby who mediated between the two parties--the girl had threatened to call the police! Happily the insurance companies did the rest and we never heard anything more about it. There are times (many of them) when I feel I should never, ever get behind the wheel of any car! scratch

Wow! It seems you escaped lucky there. What happened to the car and what was that girls bday present it slammed into?  lol!

Our car survived--it's built like a tank. I'm sorry to say the birthday present was probably a Mini. Embarassed

Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

on Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:04 pm
Mr. K wrote:Our car survived--it's built like a tank. I'm sorry to say the birthday present was probably a Mini. Embarassed

Sad

Advisor
Advisor

on Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:25 am
Cool Cool Water wrote:
Mr. K wrote:Our car survived--it's built like a tank. I'm sorry to say the birthday present was probably a Mini. Embarassed

Sad

Sorry, Rich, I just checked and it was a Renault. So you can relax again--and we're still friends!  Very Happy

Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

on Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:35 pm
Mr. K wrote:Sorry, Rich, I just checked and it was a Renault. So you can relax again--and we're still friends!  Very Happy

That's cool! lol!

Advisor
Advisor

on Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:31 pm
Earlier today I was admiring the two sleek brown slugs on the path through our back garden. An hour later, when I went out to empty the trash I inadvertently trod on both of them. Crying or Very sad

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum