THe BeAcH BoYs ExPeRieNCe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Two Tracks Mr. K Has Been Trying to Identify for Years Empty Two Tracks Mr. K Has Been Trying to Identify for Years

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:59 am
There are others but these two have become an obsession, particularly the first one, whose provenance is a complete mystery. The second one is a version of a famous song, but whose version?

I shall post them without comment. The lyrics of the first one are (as yet) nowhere to be found, nor are the rapped lyrics on the second one. Song recognition software has been tried (by other kind souls) to no avail.

Help!

Let's forget the John Farnham cover----either you know it or you don't.

As for the song with the silly video, here's all the information that might be relevant:

- These, to the best of my knowledge, are the lyrics.
The recording is incomplete:

Can I show you how much I love you
So I don't have to live without you
Would it be all right to say* forever
When you've already said never

Does it mean I'm lost without you
Does it mean I'll never have you
I'm lost without you

CHORUS [unintelligible----if only!]

Can I tell you how much I need you
'Cause I've ruined everything again
How can you tell me to move on with my life
When all I want is another try

Does it mean I'm lost without you

* I originally thought this was "stay"...

- It dates from no later than 2004. The lines in bold were posted (without comment) on September 13 of that year on an iffy website by someone (♀?) living in Canada.

- The uploader of the video, deathclaw555, is from Slovakia. This led me to think that the band might be from that part of the world. Also taking into account the singer's use of English (and her accent).  

- Jay at Smiley (and PSF these days) is convinced that it's American and that he's seen it on US TV. And Smiley mod Guitarfool2002 explained the use in the song of "Andy Summers chords". Thanks to those guys.

- At 1:35 you can hear what might be the title, sung twice. (The faint word heard "on the one" may be part of it.) Damned if I can decipher what it is she's singing. Now that would be one major step forward...
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Two Tracks Mr. K Has Been Trying to Identify for Years Empty Re: Two Tracks Mr. K Has Been Trying to Identify for Years

Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:42 pm
I've posted this topic at the Hoffman Forum, with its million-strong membership. If at least one of these two doesn't get identified there, it's never going to happen. Two Tracks Mr. K Has Been Trying to Identify for Years Cool
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Two Tracks Mr. K Has Been Trying to Identify for Years Empty Re: Two Tracks Mr. K Has Been Trying to Identify for Years

Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:20 pm
Mr. K wrote:

- At 1:35 you can hear what might be the title, sung twice. (The faint word heard "on the one" may be part of it.) Damned if I can decipher what it is she's singing. Now that would be one major step forward...

Thanks to Bob for giving this another listen. I'm sure you're right, that it's "once again", but what about the faint word mentioned above? I'm thinking it's something like (but not necessarily) "spurned", to make a three-word phrase describing the singer's rejection (again) by the song's subject.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum