Go down
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Posts : 1668
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 30
Location : Above sea level
https://www.youtube.com/medievalrichard

A Beach Boys Picture Gallery - Page 2 Empty Re: A Beach Boys Picture Gallery

on Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:42 pm
A Beach Boys Picture Gallery - Page 2 41751063-518361831910555-4614803649288208384-n
The Beach Boys in the studio, 1969

_________________
A Beach Boys Picture Gallery - Page 2 12312230_1014562421943600_2080429194_n_1
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor
Posts : 1664
Reputation : 30
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 71
Location : Below sea level

A Beach Boys Picture Gallery - Page 2 Empty Re: A Beach Boys Picture Gallery

on Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:27 pm
Now this is very cool! Here at long last is the uncropped version of a famous photo. With grateful thanks to aeijtzsche (which I've spelled right for the first time without looking). The link explains all. 

A Beach Boys Picture Gallery - Page 2 Screen-Shot-2019-10-25-at-00-20-48

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,26208.msg654889.html#msg654889

_________________
"I don't want to go out. I want to stay in. Get things done." (David Bowie)

Archive of Our Own--Stories by DJ Marlowe
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Posts : 1668
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 30
Location : Above sea level
https://www.youtube.com/medievalrichard

A Beach Boys Picture Gallery - Page 2 Empty Re: A Beach Boys Picture Gallery

on Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:45 pm
Mr. K wrote:Now this is very cool! Here at long last is the uncropped version of a famous photo. With grateful thanks to aeijtzsche (which I've spelled right for the first time without looking). The link explains all. 

A Beach Boys Picture Gallery - Page 2 Screen-Shot-2019-10-25-at-00-20-48

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,26208.msg654889.html#msg654889

What's the history behind this? A bit lost from the SS link. He was known for being on the ps sessions, but never was?

_________________
A Beach Boys Picture Gallery - Page 2 12312230_1014562421943600_2080429194_n_1
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor
Posts : 1664
Reputation : 30
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 71
Location : Below sea level

A Beach Boys Picture Gallery - Page 2 Empty Re: A Beach Boys Picture Gallery

on Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:49 am
Cool Cool Water wrote:
Mr. K wrote:Now this is very cool! Here at long last is the uncropped version of a famous photo. With grateful thanks to aeijtzsche (which I've spelled right for the first time without looking). The link explains all. 

A Beach Boys Picture Gallery - Page 2 Screen-Shot-2019-10-25-at-00-20-48

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,26208.msg654889.html#msg654889

What's the history behind this? A bit lost from the SS link. He was known for being on the ps sessions, but never was?

If you scroll down a bit, you'll find a combined list (by aeijtzsche and c-man) of BB stuff Barney played on. I'm too shy to ask but I can only assume he played guitar on all those sessions. And that it's still anybody's guess what exact instrument he played on the intro to "WIBN". It seems there are several Smiley threads devoted to this subject. It would probably take several days to find, read and digest them all! Big place Smiley. 

You'll note that every time H joins in, the place livens up and becomes its old, intelligent-discussion-heavy self again. Here's another fascinating item she posted yesterday. Check out the linked Instagram pictures (I won't screencap and reproduce them here, it's not ethical): 

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,26773.0.html

_________________
"I don't want to go out. I want to stay in. Get things done." (David Bowie)

Archive of Our Own--Stories by DJ Marlowe
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Posts : 1668
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 30
Location : Above sea level
https://www.youtube.com/medievalrichard

A Beach Boys Picture Gallery - Page 2 Empty Re: A Beach Boys Picture Gallery

on Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:10 pm
Mr. K wrote:If you scroll down a bit, you'll find a combined list (by aeijtzsche and c-man) of BB stuff Barney played on. I'm too shy to ask but I can only assume he played guitar on all those sessions. And that it's still anybody's guess what exact instrument he played on the intro to "WIBN". It seems there are several Smiley threads devoted to this subject. It would probably take several days to find, read and digest them all! Big place Smiley. 

You'll note that every time H joins in, the place livens up and becomes its old, intelligent-discussion-heavy self again. Here's another fascinating item she posted yesterday. Check out the linked Instagram pictures (I won't screencap and reproduce them here, it's not ethical): 

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,26773.0.html

Cheers J - will check that all out when time is on my hands. Smile

_________________
A Beach Boys Picture Gallery - Page 2 12312230_1014562421943600_2080429194_n_1
Sponsored content

A Beach Boys Picture Gallery - Page 2 Empty Re: A Beach Boys Picture Gallery

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum