Go down
DarkGothicQueen
View user profile

The 2010s: A Music Odyssey II - Page 2 Empty Re: The 2010s: A Music Odyssey II

on Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:46 pm
Mr. K wrote:Seventeen-year-old Billie Eilish was recommended to me by Smiley's Billy the Mod (no relation) and I must admit her album (see link) is simply stunning. I had to link this track here--yes, Jim Moriarty's famous line was the direct influence on the writing of it. Love this fan video!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_We_All_Fall_Asleep,_Where_Do_We_Go%3F

Rolling Eyes Laughing king

Advisor
View user profile

The 2010s: A Music Odyssey II - Page 2 Empty Re: The 2010s: A Music Odyssey II

on Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:54 am
I heard this gorgeous slab of sultriness on a restaurant terrace during a swelteringly hot day last month while on a brief holiday. The waitress (or was she the proprietress?) very kindly checked the title (it was part of a Spotify playlist)--it was a thing called "April" by a band or someone called Beaumont. 

With a little research I've discovered that Beaumont was a Swiss band active from 2001 to 2005 consisting of Gael Kyriakidis (aka Pony del Sol, vocals), Mathieu Kyriakidis (keys), Simon Cochard (guitar), Meinrad Thalman (bass) and Fabrice Seydoux (drums). [Source]

It took a while to find a version I could hear (I don’t have Spotify) but Mr. K is not one to give up easily. I eventually discovered it on SoundCloud, under the name of Beaumont keyboard player Mathieu Kyriakidis, who wrote the music. His sister Gael (here with feathered friend) wrote and joyously sings the lyrics. 

https://soundcloud.com/mathieu-kyriakidis/april

What a magical holiday moment that was!

The 2010s: A Music Odyssey II - Page 2 Pony_grue1

Archive of Our Own--Stories by DJ Marlowe
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum