THe BeAcH BoYs ExPeRieNCe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Landlocked

Is it Legal Empty Is it Legal

Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:29 pm
Good evening, I believe this is my first post on here. Well, I think it is unless I have done so under the influence of a few bottles of wine, which is highly likely...

Anyway, assuming it is my first post, good evening. Now I have this speaker thing called Alexa and I say stuff like ‘Alexa play BBC 2’ ‘Alexa shut up’ ‘Alexa play Abba’ (that was the wine night). And often ‘Alexa play the Beach Boys’ – now I have been out of touch on latest releases, so I have two questions for the panel;

1. Who is singing lead on ‘Fun Fun Fun’ a newer version with a sax break!

2. Is it against the law to take out who is responsible for the Royal Philharmonic 'versions' to be taken out and flogged? Or at least ring them up and put the phone down?

Answers, please (and a phone number if appropriate).

Peace ‘n’ Love

Landy
Landlocked

Is it Legal Empty Re: Is it Legal

Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:01 pm
FOOTNOTE...

So, it seems Alexa is not that random, I have just liestened while making some supper and heard 'Fun Fun Fun' again...I can find no redeeming feature about it - I thuioght I liked the sax break; well, the break is ok its the rest of the sax involvement which is not. And apart from an off-form Glove, who is singing lead, it is awful - I can only think Bruce on a very bad day :-(

In fact, i do not think it is the BB's at all, just that Alexa has picked it up by mistake. Bad Alexa.
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:56 pm
Landlocked wrote:Good evening, I believe this is my first post on here. Well, I think it is unless I have done so under the influence of a few bottles of wine, which is highly likely...

Anyway, assuming it is my first post, good evening. Now I have this speaker thing called Alexa and I say stuff like ‘Alexa play BBC 2’ ‘Alexa shut up’ ‘Alexa play Abba’ (that was the wine night). And often ‘Alexa play the Beach Boys’ – now I have been out of touch on latest releases, so I have two questions for the panel;

1. Who is singing lead on ‘Fun Fun Fun’ a newer version with a sax break!

2. Is it against the law to take out who is responsible for the Royal Philharmonic 'versions' to be taken out and flogged? Or at least ring them up and put the phone down?

Answers, please (and a phone number if appropriate).

Peace ‘n’ Love

Landy

Hey Landy you wonderful man--or should I call you rsouls? Yes, this is your first post at our new home.

Good evening to you too. I hope you've been keeping well. Is this the version you mean, with Status Quo? I've linked the poolside video as it's great fun to watch, as I'm sure you'll agree:

As for question 2, I rather like the symphonic versions. To each their own, I suppose. If you really want to put the phone down on the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, their number is +44 (0)20 7608 8800.

Good to see you here, sir. I hope you stick around!

Love and Mercy to you.

Mr. K
DarkGothicQueen
DarkGothicQueen

Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:56 am
Is what legal? Am I missing something here?
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:50 am
Landlocked wrote:2. Is it against the law to take out who is responsible for the Royal Philharmonic 'versions' to be taken out and flogged? 

DGQ, I think the "legal" bit refers to the above slightly grammatically iffy question.lol!
Landlocked

Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:53 pm
Hey - you certainly can call me rsouls - I have been called worse...I am hoping that is you John?? Are you still in the Netherlands??

I thought you would like the Philharmonics, what with being a concert goer and all (unless my memory is fading) - I don't hate them; just don't see the point...but someone does need to suffer for it! LOL

Thanks for sharing the Quo video, No I really mean that... (I do remember know their version, but had hidden it in the back of the memory bank) - that has made me feel better in one way, in that it's not a BB singing and my ears were not deceiving me, but worse in another...I didn't expect much from Glove and Brucie, but poor Carl - the voice of an angel miming along with the Quo...

I saw them live at the Royal Albert Hall a couple of months ago, i shall share my thoughts later.

Good to see young CCW is here! Hello!!

Landy
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
https://www.youtube.com/medievalrichard

Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:00 pm
Landlocked wrote:Good to see young CCW is here! Hello!!

Landy

Good to see you on here, Landy! Not so young as I use to be - 30 in 2 months! Still look early 20s so ain't that bad, lol! Hope things well and stick around more. So much has changed. Very Happy
Landlocked

Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:03 pm
Yeeez, where did those years go LOL. I intend to stick around...

have you still got your band going?
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:56 pm
Landlocked wrote:have you still got your band going?

We've been on hiatus since 2015, but yes The Ladykillers are still alive! All information about us over the years ---> ""Click this link"" ...

So much has happened since we last spoke. I believe it was 2008 or something! Anyway all links, read-ups, via that link from this board.
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:06 pm
The big question now is... is Landlocked legal? lol!  

He hasn't gone again, has he? scratch
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:30 pm
Mr. K wrote:He hasn't gone again, has he? scratch

He can't go now. He's left many questions unanswered! Razz scratch
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:26 pm
Cool Cool Water wrote:
Mr. K wrote:He hasn't gone again, has he? scratch
He can't go now. He's left many questions unanswered! Razz scratch

If he has gone, it's probably because he isn't legal. geek
smileysmile42
smileysmile42

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:45 pm
i still haven't bought that cd and no store at all even sells it! i guess at some point i need to buy it online. even if it's utter garbage i need it for my collection.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum