Go down
DarkGothicQueen
Moderator
Moderator
Posts : 356
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2018-01-07
Location : Gothica
View user profile

World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures Empty World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures

on Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:57 pm
As a species and for the diverse species and survival of planet Earth, we must turn our attention to the plight of the Amazon rainforest which is on fire. The Amazon gives Earth 20% of the oxygen that is required for us to live. Greed and indifference from corporations and political leaders exploit and destroy such an area of biodiversity. Let us celebrate the beauty and hopefully realize what could be lost if those responsible for such an atrocity are never brought to justice.

'Shamen Songs of the Amazon Rainforest: Pasha Dume'---Ayahuasca native musicians




Last edited by DarkGothicQueen on Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures A8ad6f8a7b88aabca82f2935fd7a63b5
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor
Posts : 1491
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 71
Location : Below sea level
View user profile

World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures Empty Re: World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures

on Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:06 pm
DarkGothicQueen wrote:As a species and for the diverse species and survival of planet Earth, we must turn our attention to the plight of the Amazon rainforest which is on fire. The Amazon gives Earth 20% of the oxygen that is required for us to live. Greed and indifference from corporations and political leaders exploit and destroy such an area of biodiversity. Let us celebrate the beauty and hopefully realize what could be lost if those responsible for such an atrocity are never brought to justice.

Yes, indeed--horrific. Why are so many of the wrong people in power these days? What a tragedy. I've loved the Amazon rainforest since I was a little kid and often wished I could lose myself in its vastness and luxuriance.

This is a little out of left field but mesmerizing all the same. To quote the uploader, "Found this amazing little [Ayahuasca shaman] whistling video on a Joe Rogan podcast, fell in love with it, and made it into a 1hr loop."


_________________
"Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere." (J.P. Donleavy)
"Old ones, new ones, loved ones, neglected ones" (Alberto Semprini)
"I don't want to go out. I want to stay in. Get things done." (David Bowie)

Archive of Our Own--Stories by DJ Marlowe
DarkGothicQueen
Moderator
Moderator
Posts : 356
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2018-01-07
Location : Gothica
View user profile

World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures Empty Re: World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures

on Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:41 am
I always found the music of the Aborigines of Australia very mesmerizing to listen to. The most common instrument that is associated with the native peoples of Down Under is called a Didgeridoo. It is a wind instrument shaped like a long pipe that can measure from 3 to 10 feet in length. The word itself is a corruption of Irish Gaelic for "trumpet". It is often accompanied by other rhythm instruments and singing and chanting.

Aboriginal Dance Show--Australia



_________________
World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures A8ad6f8a7b88aabca82f2935fd7a63b5
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Posts : 1500
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 29
Location : Above sea level
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/medievalrichard

World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures Empty Re: World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures

on Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:48 am
DarkGothicQueen wrote:I always found the music of the Aborigines of Australia very mesmerizing to listen to. The most common instrument that is associated with the native peoples of Down Under is called a Didgeridoo. It is a wind instrument shaped like a long pipe that can measure from 3 to 10 feet in length. The word itself is a corruption of Irish Gaelic for "trumpet". It is often accompanied by other rhythm instruments and singing and chanting.

Aboriginal Dance Show--Australia



When I went to Glastonbury 2009 we all purchased dideridoos there---they are great fun!

_________________
World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures 12312230_1014562421943600_2080429194_n_1
DarkGothicQueen
Moderator
Moderator
Posts : 356
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2018-01-07
Location : Gothica
View user profile

World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures Empty Re: World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures

on Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:30 pm
World Music also embraced the subcategory of World Music Ambient, which is ambient music based on indigenous rhythms and styles except used with modern instrumentation and synthesizers. Be careful when playing this. It works. (I tried it. Rained all day the next day.) Unless, of course, you want it to rain.

Native American Music (Rain Dance)



_________________
World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures A8ad6f8a7b88aabca82f2935fd7a63b5
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor
Posts : 1491
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 71
Location : Below sea level
View user profile

World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures Empty Re: World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures

on Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:20 am
DarkGothicQueen wrote:World Music also embraced the subcategory of World Music Ambient, which is ambient music based on indigenous rhythms and styles except used with modern instrumentation and synthesizers. Be careful when playing this. It works. (I tried it. Rained all day the next day.) Unless, of course, you want it to rain.

Native American Music (Rain Dance)



Ah. I was wondering whether non-traditional arrangements were allowed here. Wink  I love that brief footage at 2:10! The world has lost a lot, to be sure.

One of the comments from two years ago rings rather true today: "Please I pray...bring the rain to the wildfire".

_________________
"Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere." (J.P. Donleavy)
"Old ones, new ones, loved ones, neglected ones" (Alberto Semprini)
"I don't want to go out. I want to stay in. Get things done." (David Bowie)

Archive of Our Own--Stories by DJ Marlowe
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor
Posts : 1491
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 71
Location : Below sea level
View user profile

World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures Empty Re: World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures

Yesterday at 9:04 pm
This is arguably my favourite rendition by the Bulgarian State Television Female Vocal Choir. The soloist on the utterly heartbreaking "Kalimankou Denkou" (The Evening Gathering) is Yanka Rupkina. You need look no further than Volume One of Le Mystère des Voix Bulgares, an extraordinary album from start to finish.



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Mystère_des_Voix_Bulgares

_________________
"Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere." (J.P. Donleavy)
"Old ones, new ones, loved ones, neglected ones" (Alberto Semprini)
"I don't want to go out. I want to stay in. Get things done." (David Bowie)

Archive of Our Own--Stories by DJ Marlowe
Sponsored content

World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures Empty Re: World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum