THe BeAcH BoYs ExPeRieNCe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DarkGothicQueen
DarkGothicQueen

World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures Empty World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures

Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:57 pm
As a species and for the diverse species and survival of planet Earth, we must turn our attention to the plight of the Amazon rainforest which is on fire. The Amazon gives Earth 20% of the oxygen that is required for us to live. Greed and indifference from corporations and political leaders exploit and destroy such an area of biodiversity. Let us celebrate the beauty and hopefully realize what could be lost if those responsible for such an atrocity are never brought to justice.

'Shamen Songs of the Amazon Rainforest: Pasha Dume'---Ayahuasca native musicians

Last edited by DarkGothicQueen on Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures Empty Re: World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures

Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:06 pm
DarkGothicQueen wrote:As a species and for the diverse species and survival of planet Earth, we must turn our attention to the plight of the Amazon rainforest which is on fire. The Amazon gives Earth 20% of the oxygen that is required for us to live. Greed and indifference from corporations and political leaders exploit and destroy such an area of biodiversity. Let us celebrate the beauty and hopefully realize what could be lost if those responsible for such an atrocity are never brought to justice.

Yes, indeed--horrific. Why are so many of the wrong people in power these days? What a tragedy. I've loved the Amazon rainforest since I was a little kid and often wished I could lose myself in its vastness and luxuriance.

This is a little out of left field but mesmerizing all the same. To quote the uploader, "Found this amazing little [Ayahuasca shaman] whistling video on a Joe Rogan podcast, fell in love with it, and made it into a 1hr loop."

DarkGothicQueen
DarkGothicQueen

World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures Empty Re: World Music: The Sounds and Souls of Indigenous Cultures

Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:41 am
I always found the music of the Aborigines of Australia very mesmerizing to listen to. The most common instrument that is associated with the native peoples of Down Under is called a Didgeridoo. It is a wind instrument shaped like a long pipe that can measure from 3 to 10 feet in length. The word itself is a corruption of Irish Gaelic for "trumpet". It is often accompanied by other rhythm instruments and singing and chanting.

Aboriginal Dance Show--Australia

Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
https://www.youtube.com/medievalrichard

Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:48 am
DarkGothicQueen wrote:I always found the music of the Aborigines of Australia very mesmerizing to listen to. The most common instrument that is associated with the native peoples of Down Under is called a Didgeridoo. It is a wind instrument shaped like a long pipe that can measure from 3 to 10 feet in length. The word itself is a corruption of Irish Gaelic for "trumpet". It is often accompanied by other rhythm instruments and singing and chanting.

Aboriginal Dance Show--Australia

When I went to Glastonbury 2009 we all purchased dideridoos there---they are great fun!
DarkGothicQueen
DarkGothicQueen

Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:30 pm
World Music also embraced the subcategory of World Music Ambient, which is ambient music based on indigenous rhythms and styles except used with modern instrumentation and synthesizers. Be careful when playing this. It works. (I tried it. Rained all day the next day.) Unless, of course, you want it to rain.

Native American Music (Rain Dance)

Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:20 am
DarkGothicQueen wrote:World Music also embraced the subcategory of World Music Ambient, which is ambient music based on indigenous rhythms and styles except used with modern instrumentation and synthesizers. Be careful when playing this. It works. (I tried it. Rained all day the next day.) Unless, of course, you want it to rain.

Ah. I was wondering whether non-traditional arrangements were allowed here. Wink  I love that brief footage at 2:10! The world has lost a lot, to be sure.

One of the comments from two years ago rings rather true today: "Please I pray...bring the rain to the wildfire".
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:04 pm
This is arguably my favourite rendition by the Bulgarian State Television Female Vocal Choir. The soloist on the utterly heartbreaking "Kalimankou Denkou" (The Evening Gathering) is Yanka Rupkina. You need look no further than Volume One of Le Mystère des Voix Bulgares, an extraordinary album from start to finish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Mystère_des_Voix_Bulgares
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:57 pm
DarkGothicQueen wrote:World Music also embraced the subcategory of World Music Ambient, which is ambient music based on indigenous rhythms and styles except used with modern instrumentation and synthesizers. Be careful when playing this. It works. (I tried it. Rained all day the next day.) Unless, of course, you want it to rain.

Bookmarked!
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:32 pm
Cool Cool Water wrote:

Bookmarked!

I enjoyed that. It was very peaceful. The original footage was an eye opener, too!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum