THe BeAcH BoYs ExPeRieNCe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DarkGothicQueen
DarkGothicQueen

Movie Trailers Old and New Empty Movie Trailers Old and New

Tue May 21, 2019 11:27 pm
New movie trailer to start off the topic. Here is the one for the Downton Abbey movie. Looks like most of the old gang from the TV series is back.

Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Movie Trailers Old and New Empty Re: Movie Trailers Old and New

Wed May 22, 2019 9:24 am
DarkGothicQueen wrote:New movie trailer to start off the topic. Here is the one for the Downton Abbey movie. Looks like most of the old gang from the TV series is back.

Great! I had no idea there was a film on the way. So it jumps ahead two years from the end of the series to 1927. Nice to see (most of) the old favourites in there! 

Good idea for a topic, DGQ. I used to lump all my trailers in the movie thread but this is a better solution. Wink
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
https://www.youtube.com/medievalrichard

Thu May 23, 2019 7:32 am
I think this will be better than the first remake which came out in 2017.

Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mon May 27, 2019 7:14 am
This looks good. Out in October. 👍

Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:22 pm
Watched this today. Absolutely amazing to see it in colour and remastered to the highest of standards. Peter Jackson did an excellent job, with the sounds and atmosphere making it like being there with them. What they went through was hell and why we have freedom today. My Great, Great Grandad and Great Grandad fought in World War I. RIP...

Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:17 pm
Cool Cool Water wrote:Watched this today. Absolutely amazing to see it in colour and remastered to the highest of standards. Peter Jackson did an excellent job, with the sounds and atmosphere making it like being there with them. What they went through was hell and why we have freedom today. My Great, Great Grandad and Great Grandad fought in World War I. RIP...

Saw this a while back on Belgian TV. Absolutely horrific, despite the smiles on these faces.
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:44 pm
Didn't know where else to post this. Another priceless scene from Sherlock:

Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:55 pm
Mr. K wrote:Saw this a while back on Belgian TV. Absolutely horrific, despite the smiles on these faces.

Harrowing stuff indeed.
DarkGothicQueen
DarkGothicQueen

Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:55 am
What I will be watching come Sept. 23, 2019 is a new show called Prodigal Son. It has a serial killer dad who drives his genius son into quite a psychosis. The killer that detective Malcolm Bright is after is a copycat of his father. Cast includes Tom Payne as Malcolm Bright, Michael Sheen as the father, and Lou Diamond Philips as Malcolm`s boss. Previews of the pilot have been getting good reviews. On Fox (USA).

Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:50 pm
DarkGothicQueen wrote:What I will be watching come Sept. 23, 2019 is a new show called Prodigal Son. It has a serial killer dad who drives his genius son into quite a psychosis. The killer that detective Malcolm Bright is after is a copycat of his father. Cast includes Tom Payne as Malcolm Bright, Michael Sheen as the father, and Lou Diamond Philips as Malcolm`s boss. Previews of the pilot have been getting good reviews. On Fox (USA).

That Tom Payne? What happened to his hair?! afro  

I look forward to anything (else) you have to say about PS when it's up and running. Wink
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:25 pm
Still need to see this.

Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:05 am
Heard John Barry's theme from Out of Africa this morning and was really moved by it. (I can't recall ever seeing the film.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out_of_Africa_(film)
DarkGothicQueen
DarkGothicQueen

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:51 pm
Bought this movie on Blu-ray recently. I saw it on the big screen when I was twelve. I liked the fact that the story was written from the point of view of Judas Iscariot, stripping away the "myth from the man", asking the right questions that the fanatics and even mainstream Christians refuse to ask. Some even saw the rock opera on Broadway as blasphemous (as well as the screen version). Believe it or not 'Jesus Christ Superstar' was written by atheists. I imagine some Christians were more offended by the fact that it forced them to see things in a more realistic perspective, forcing them to face the questions that they needed to ask rather than bowing to blind obedience. To be fair there were also those who were inspired. Watching it today, the questions asked are even more pertinent. A bit dated perhaps due to the 'hippie' style and influence, however, I think this lends itself well to the production. What still rings true the most is a line from Judas` opening track, 'Heaven On Their Minds': "You`ve begun to matter more, Than the things you say". It was this movie that helped me to ask questions concerning the Christian religion that my family believes in. It gave me the perspective that, yes,  Jesus the person does matter more, the things He said seemed to be ignored and pushed aside. It rings even more true these days. It believe it was Gandhi who said that he didn`t have a problem with Jesus, just His followers. I`ve always seen him as a very enlightened man, not so much as a deity, since it`s deities that cloud the mind to the truth of any message that is being communicated.

All the performances are top-notch: Ted Neeley as Jesus, Carl Anderson as Judas, Barry Dennen as Pilate, Yvonne Elliman as Mary Magdelene, Josh Mostel as King Herod. Music is by Andrew Lloyd Webber, Lyrics by Tim Rice, based on his book. Directed by Norman Jewison.  From 1973.

Trailer: 'Jesus Christ Superstar'

Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:55 pm
Man, this topic has been dormant a while. DJ was a huge fan of Giulietta Masina. This is the trailer from perhaps her most famous film, La Strada ("The Road"):  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Strada

Cool Cool Water likes this post

Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:41 pm
This will be good.

Sponsored content