Go down
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor
Posts : 1106
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 71
Location : Below sea level
View user profile

What did we do today? Empty What did we do today?

on Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:39 am
I cribbed this topic (and its title) from PSF. It takes some of the weight off the "What are you thinking?" topic, which has become a bit of a catch-all. I'm going to a birthday-related cookery class this afternoon. Wish me luck!

_________________
"Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere." (J.P. Donleavy)
"Old ones, new ones, loved ones, neglected ones" (Alberto Semprini)
"I don't want to go out. I want to stay in. Get things done." (David Bowie)

Archive of Our Own--Stories by DJ Marlowe
Mujan's Complete "Thesis" On SMiLE
http://thecarbonfreeze.com
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Posts : 1126
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 29
Location : Above sea level
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/c/medievalrichard

What did we do today? Empty Re: What did we do today?

on Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:08 pm
I was working. lol!

_________________
What did we do today? 12312230_1014562421943600_2080429194_n_1
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor
Posts : 1106
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 71
Location : Below sea level
View user profile

What did we do today? Empty Re: What did we do today?

on Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:34 pm
Cool Cool Water wrote:I was working. lol!

On Sunday??? Of course! I was forgetting your line of work.What did we do today? Biggrin

_________________
"Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere." (J.P. Donleavy)
"Old ones, new ones, loved ones, neglected ones" (Alberto Semprini)
"I don't want to go out. I want to stay in. Get things done." (David Bowie)

Archive of Our Own--Stories by DJ Marlowe
Mujan's Complete "Thesis" On SMiLE
http://thecarbonfreeze.com
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Posts : 1126
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 29
Location : Above sea level
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/c/medievalrichard

What did we do today? Empty Re: What did we do today?

on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:57 am
Mr. K wrote:On Sunday??? Of course! I was forgetting your line of work.What did we do today? Biggrin

Yeah we open on weekends. What did we do today? Biggrin

_________________
What did we do today? 12312230_1014562421943600_2080429194_n_1
DarkGothicQueen
Moderator
Moderator
Posts : 225
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2018-01-07
Location : Hanging Out With the 3 Imaginary Jaaryl Boys
View user profile

What did we do today? Empty Re: What did we do today?

on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:38 pm
I went to Pet World for the last time since I am moving. Said the hardest goodbye I ever had to say. This is for Phoenix the cockatoo, the store bird. This was playing over the loudspeakers as I played with her for the last time. My avatar is a picture of Phoenix and she spread her wings and crest out as she perched on my arm just like in the photo.


_________________
What did we do today? Dragons-540x305
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor
Posts : 1106
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 71
Location : Below sea level
View user profile

What did we do today? Empty Re: What did we do today?

on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:35 pm
DarkGothicQueen wrote:I went to Pet World for the last time since I am moving. Said the hardest goodbye I ever had to say. This is for Phoenix the cockatoo, the store bird. This was playing over the loudspeakers as I played with her for the last time. My avatar is a picture of Phoenix and she spread her wings and crest out as she perched on my arm just like in the photo.

How incredibly sad. I'm so sorry, DJ. Enya may make you cry but she also brings solace with this beautiful song:




_________________
"Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere." (J.P. Donleavy)
"Old ones, new ones, loved ones, neglected ones" (Alberto Semprini)
"I don't want to go out. I want to stay in. Get things done." (David Bowie)

Archive of Our Own--Stories by DJ Marlowe
Mujan's Complete "Thesis" On SMiLE
http://thecarbonfreeze.com
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Posts : 1126
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 29
Location : Above sea level
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/c/medievalrichard

What did we do today? Empty Re: What did we do today?

on Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:34 pm
Work in a rain storm. lol!

_________________
What did we do today? 12312230_1014562421943600_2080429194_n_1
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor
Posts : 1106
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 71
Location : Below sea level
View user profile

What did we do today? Empty Re: What did we do today?

on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:36 pm
We visited this museum and its grounds today. Museum Voorlinde is located near The Hague in NL:


_________________
"Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere." (J.P. Donleavy)
"Old ones, new ones, loved ones, neglected ones" (Alberto Semprini)
"I don't want to go out. I want to stay in. Get things done." (David Bowie)

Archive of Our Own--Stories by DJ Marlowe
Mujan's Complete "Thesis" On SMiLE
http://thecarbonfreeze.com
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Posts : 1126
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 29
Location : Above sea level
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/c/medievalrichard

What did we do today? Empty Re: What did we do today?

on Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:26 am
Mr. K wrote:We visited this museum and its grounds today. Museum Voorlinde is located near The Hague in NL:


That looks a fascinating place.

_________________
What did we do today? 12312230_1014562421943600_2080429194_n_1
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor
Posts : 1106
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 71
Location : Below sea level
View user profile

What did we do today? Empty Re: What did we do today?

on Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:27 pm
I joined the Steve Hoffman Music Forums, just for a little more activity after leaving PSF and not posting much at Smiley. Still finding my feet there, although I've already seen one familiar face from those last two places. You need to post three times before you're allowed an avatar. I might make mine the front cover of David Crosby's solo album If I Could Only Remember My Name. Not sure yet...  

What did we do today? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQmW6U5wSnEdeaT52xsO32SYVxX1uXYbvApZ8q7Vkmf6wMXtIf

_________________
"Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere." (J.P. Donleavy)
"Old ones, new ones, loved ones, neglected ones" (Alberto Semprini)
"I don't want to go out. I want to stay in. Get things done." (David Bowie)

Archive of Our Own--Stories by DJ Marlowe
Mujan's Complete "Thesis" On SMiLE
http://thecarbonfreeze.com
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Posts : 1126
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 29
Location : Above sea level
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/c/medievalrichard

What did we do today? Empty Re: What did we do today?

on Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:25 pm
Mr. K wrote:I joined the Steve Hoffman Music Forums, just for a little more activity after leaving PSF and not posting much at Smiley. Still finding my feet there, although I've already seen one familiar face from those last two places. You need to post three times before you're allowed an avatar. I might make mine the front cover of David Crosby's solo album If I Could Only Remember My Name. Not sure yet...

Might join soon as well, John. albino

_________________
What did we do today? 12312230_1014562421943600_2080429194_n_1
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor
Posts : 1106
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 71
Location : Below sea level
View user profile

What did we do today? Empty Re: What did we do today?

on Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:45 am
Cool Cool Water wrote:
Mr. K wrote:I joined the Steve Hoffman Music Forums, just for a little more activity after leaving PSF and not posting much at Smiley. Still finding my feet there, although I've already seen one familiar face from those last two places. You need to post three times before you're allowed an avatar. I might make mine the front cover of David Crosby's solo album If I Could Only Remember My Name. Not sure yet...

Might join soon as well, John. albino

It's very lively! I'll see if I can link this forum there--if it's allowed.What did we do today? Wink

I just tried--it's not allowed. Pity. What did we do today? Sad

_________________
"Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere." (J.P. Donleavy)
"Old ones, new ones, loved ones, neglected ones" (Alberto Semprini)
"I don't want to go out. I want to stay in. Get things done." (David Bowie)

Archive of Our Own--Stories by DJ Marlowe
Mujan's Complete "Thesis" On SMiLE
http://thecarbonfreeze.com
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Posts : 1126
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 29
Location : Above sea level
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/c/medievalrichard

What did we do today? Empty Re: What did we do today?

on Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:12 pm
Mr. K wrote:
Cool Cool Water wrote:
Mr. K wrote:I joined the Steve Hoffman Music Forums, just for a little more activity after leaving PSF and not posting much at Smiley. Still finding my feet there, although I've already seen one familiar face from those last two places. You need to post three times before you're allowed an avatar. I might make mine the front cover of David Crosby's solo album If I Could Only Remember My Name. Not sure yet...

Might join soon as well, John. albino

It's very lively! I'll see if I can link this forum there--if it's allowed.What did we do today? Wink

It does look a living place indeed!

_________________
What did we do today? 12312230_1014562421943600_2080429194_n_1
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor
Posts : 1106
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 71
Location : Below sea level
View user profile

What did we do today? Empty Re: What did we do today?

on Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:07 pm
First I deftly carved a jack-o'-lantern from a pumpkin for my eldest granddaughter's Hallowe'en street party. Then I painted the lower edges of the windows in my work/shirk room to protect them against winter damp. And then I back-and-forthed with a pen pal across the seas.

_________________
"Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere." (J.P. Donleavy)
"Old ones, new ones, loved ones, neglected ones" (Alberto Semprini)
"I don't want to go out. I want to stay in. Get things done." (David Bowie)

Archive of Our Own--Stories by DJ Marlowe
Mujan's Complete "Thesis" On SMiLE
http://thecarbonfreeze.com
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Posts : 1126
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 29
Location : Above sea level
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/c/medievalrichard

What did we do today? Empty Re: What did we do today?

on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:11 am
Mr. K wrote:First I deftly carved a jack-o'-lantern from a pumpkin for my eldest granddaughter's Hallowe'en street party. Then I painted the lower edges of the windows in my work/shirk room to protect them against winter damp. And then I back-and-forthed with a pen pal across the seas.  

Busy day then? lol!

_________________
What did we do today? 12312230_1014562421943600_2080429194_n_1
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor
Posts : 1106
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 71
Location : Below sea level
View user profile

What did we do today? Empty Re: What did we do today?

on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:56 am
Cool Cool Water wrote:
Mr. K wrote:First I deftly carved a jack-o'-lantern from a pumpkin for my eldest granddaughter's Hallowe'en street party. Then I painted the lower edges of the windows in my work/shirk room to protect them against winter damp. And then I back-and-forthed with a pen pal across the seas.  

Busy day then? lol!

I'm still recovering.

_________________
"Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere." (J.P. Donleavy)
"Old ones, new ones, loved ones, neglected ones" (Alberto Semprini)
"I don't want to go out. I want to stay in. Get things done." (David Bowie)

Archive of Our Own--Stories by DJ Marlowe
Mujan's Complete "Thesis" On SMiLE
http://thecarbonfreeze.com
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor
Posts : 1106
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 71
Location : Below sea level
View user profile

What did we do today? Empty Re: What did we do today?

on Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:23 pm
I hit the painting trail again today, this time in aid of a garden table that needed an additional coat for the winter. Bit of a Chinese puzzle in our overcrowded garage but I managed it without splashing dirty turps everywhere like last time, lol.

_________________
"Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere." (J.P. Donleavy)
"Old ones, new ones, loved ones, neglected ones" (Alberto Semprini)
"I don't want to go out. I want to stay in. Get things done." (David Bowie)

Archive of Our Own--Stories by DJ Marlowe
Mujan's Complete "Thesis" On SMiLE
http://thecarbonfreeze.com
FakeFreef
Posts : 19
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-01-08
View user profile

What did we do today? Empty Re: What did we do today?

on Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:52 pm
da meanster kayz paynt klubb

What did we do today? Bright-bizarre-art-footage-058243348_iconl
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor
Posts : 1106
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 71
Location : Below sea level
View user profile

What did we do today? Empty Re: What did we do today?

on Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:00 pm
FakeFreef wrote:da meanster kayz paynt klubb

Hey FF, it's been a while. Never mind my hobby, how about some decent food down the "oobalet"?
I have particularly fond memories of this speciality of yours...

What did we do today? Meat-hands

...or a decent Smörgåsbord:

What did we do today? 37604733-rotting-vegetables-in-a-wire-compost-bin-

Those were the days!
What did we do today? Rolleyes

_________________
"Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere." (J.P. Donleavy)
"Old ones, new ones, loved ones, neglected ones" (Alberto Semprini)
"I don't want to go out. I want to stay in. Get things done." (David Bowie)

Archive of Our Own--Stories by DJ Marlowe
Mujan's Complete "Thesis" On SMiLE
http://thecarbonfreeze.com
Sponsored content

What did we do today? Empty Re: What did we do today?

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum