THe BeAcH BoYs ExPeRieNCe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

What did we do today? Empty What did we do today?

Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:39 am
I cribbed this topic (and its title) from PSF. It takes some of the weight off the "What are you thinking?" topic, which has become a bit of a catch-all. I'm going to a birthday-related cookery class this afternoon. Wish me luck!
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
https://www.youtube.com/medievalrichard

What did we do today? Empty Re: What did we do today?

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:08 pm
I was working. lol!
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:34 pm
Cool Cool Water wrote:I was working. lol!

On Sunday??? Of course! I was forgetting your line of work.What did we do today? Biggrin
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:57 am
Mr. K wrote:On Sunday??? Of course! I was forgetting your line of work.What did we do today? Biggrin

Yeah we open on weekends. What did we do today? Biggrin
DarkGothicQueen
DarkGothicQueen

Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:38 pm
I went to Pet World for the last time since I am moving. Said the hardest goodbye I ever had to say. This is for Phoenix the cockatoo, the store bird. This was playing over the loudspeakers as I played with her for the last time. My avatar is a picture of Phoenix and she spread her wings and crest out as she perched on my arm just like in the photo.

Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:35 pm
DarkGothicQueen wrote:I went to Pet World for the last time since I am moving. Said the hardest goodbye I ever had to say. This is for Phoenix the cockatoo, the store bird. This was playing over the loudspeakers as I played with her for the last time. My avatar is a picture of Phoenix and she spread her wings and crest out as she perched on my arm just like in the photo.

How incredibly sad. I'm so sorry, DJ. Enya may make you cry but she also brings solace with this beautiful song:

Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:34 pm
Work in a rain storm. lol!
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:36 pm
We visited this museum and its grounds today. Museum Voorlinde is located near The Hague in NL:

Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:26 am
Mr. K wrote:We visited this museum and its grounds today. Museum Voorlinde is located near The Hague in NL:

That looks a fascinating place.
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:27 pm
I joined the Steve Hoffman Music Forums, just for a little more activity after leaving PSF and not posting much at Smiley. Still finding my feet there, although I've already seen one familiar face from those last two places. You need to post three times before you're allowed an avatar. I might make mine the front cover of David Crosby's solo album If I Could Only Remember My Name. Not sure yet...  

What did we do today? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQmW6U5wSnEdeaT52xsO32SYVxX1uXYbvApZ8q7Vkmf6wMXtIf
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:25 pm
Mr. K wrote:I joined the Steve Hoffman Music Forums, just for a little more activity after leaving PSF and not posting much at Smiley. Still finding my feet there, although I've already seen one familiar face from those last two places. You need to post three times before you're allowed an avatar. I might make mine the front cover of David Crosby's solo album If I Could Only Remember My Name. Not sure yet...

Might join soon as well, John. albino
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:45 am
Cool Cool Water wrote:
Mr. K wrote:I joined the Steve Hoffman Music Forums, just for a little more activity after leaving PSF and not posting much at Smiley. Still finding my feet there, although I've already seen one familiar face from those last two places. You need to post three times before you're allowed an avatar. I might make mine the front cover of David Crosby's solo album If I Could Only Remember My Name. Not sure yet...

It's very lively! I'll see if I can link this forum there--if it's allowed.What did we do today? Wink

I just tried--it's not allowed. Pity. What did we do today? Sad
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:12 pm
Mr. K wrote:
Cool Cool Water wrote:

It's very lively! I'll see if I can link this forum there--if it's allowed.What did we do today? Wink

It does look a living place indeed!
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:07 pm
First I deftly carved a jack-o'-lantern from a pumpkin for my eldest granddaughter's Hallowe'en street party. Then I painted the lower edges of the windows in my work/shirk room to protect them against winter damp. And then I back-and-forthed with a pen pal across the seas.
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:11 am
Mr. K wrote:First I deftly carved a jack-o'-lantern from a pumpkin for my eldest granddaughter's Hallowe'en street party. Then I painted the lower edges of the windows in my work/shirk room to protect them against winter damp. And then I back-and-forthed with a pen pal across the seas.  

Busy day then? lol!
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:56 am
Cool Cool Water wrote:
Mr. K wrote:First I deftly carved a jack-o'-lantern from a pumpkin for my eldest granddaughter's Hallowe'en street party. Then I painted the lower edges of the windows in my work/shirk room to protect them against winter damp. And then I back-and-forthed with a pen pal across the seas.  

Busy day then? lol!

I'm still recovering.
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:23 pm
I hit the painting trail again today, this time in aid of a garden table that needed an additional coat for the winter. Bit of a Chinese puzzle in our overcrowded garage but I managed it without splashing dirty turps everywhere like last time, lol.
FakeFreef
FakeFreef

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:52 pm
da meanster kayz paynt klubb

What did we do today? Bright-bizarre-art-footage-058243348_iconl
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:00 pm
FakeFreef wrote:da meanster kayz paynt klubb

Hey FF, it's been a while. Never mind my hobby, how about some decent food down the "oobalet"?
I have particularly fond memories of this speciality of yours...

What did we do today? Meat-hands

...or a decent Smörgåsbord:

What did we do today? 37604733-rotting-vegetables-in-a-wire-compost-bin-

Those were the days!
What did we do today? Rolleyes
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:44 pm
Today I was down the gym for my weekly workout. There's this item of equipment called Vertical Traction, where you have to pull these two levers above your head all the way down and then up again in sync with your instructions on the screen. You get three sessions of 12 pulls. Clearly VT was very impressed with my performance--so much so that it stopped me after just the first session with the following announcement: "Congratulations. 157/100. Excellent!" 

Now I've had the occasional 103/100 before and even one 111 but 157???? What a Face
I think I'll stay home in future--I'll never do any better than that!lol!
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:50 am
Time to bump this topic. Yesterday I took my leave of the Smiley Smile Message Board. I didn't delete anything or even make an announcement--I just left. (I know RangeRover looks in here so she'll probably have something to say about it.) I'd been there a decade (I think--I forgot to check on my way out). The past few months I've felt I was banging my head against a wall. And there are skeletons, the kind best left in closets. What a Face

So now it's down to the good old Bored and the Steve Hoffman Music Forums. I'll often use Hoffman to back up posts over here and vice versa (a handy precaution in the unpredictable world wide web). Big contrast between the two--here it's nice and intimate (at least until FakeFreef arrives, to say nothing of that pain-in-the-arse Dorky Torky). Over there you can easily lose yourself in anonymity. On the other hand, I already have 1000 likes after 400 posts--Jesus, I've never been that popular before! jocolor
Cool Cool Water
Cool Cool Water
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:27 pm
Mr. K wrote:Time to bump this topic. Yesterday I took my leave of the Smiley Smile Message Board. I didn't delete anything or even make an announcement--I just left. (I know RangeRover looks in here so she'll probably have something to say about it.) I'd been there a decade (I think--I forgot to check on my way out). The past few months I've felt I was banging my head against a wall. And there are skeletons, the kind best left in closets. What a Face

So now it's down to the good old Bored and the Steve Hoffman Music Forums. I'll often use Hoffman to back up posts over here and vice versa (a handy precaution in the unpredictable world wide web). Big contrast between the two--here it's nice and intimate (at least until FakeFreef arrives, to say nothing of that pain-in-the-arse Dorky Torky). Over there you can easily lose yourself in anonymity. On the other hand, I already have 1000 likes after 400 posts--Jesus, I've never been that popular before! jocolor

Good to have you back, John. Not that you went anywhere in the first place mind! lol!
Mr. K
Mr. K
Advisor
Advisor

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:59 pm
Mr. K wrote:And there are skeletons, the kind best left in closets. What a Face

That's a bit strong on reflection. Better to say there are ghosts best left behind.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum